Just starting in spraytanning.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailroom

Reaction score
Help!! I'm just starting up mobile/home spraytanning (no paying clients as such yet) and already have my Iwata Smartjet and HB airbrush from when I had my lovely little nail salon, (last 3 and half yrs kidz, dogz, stuff and stuff etc etc :rolleyes:) but need to buy a bigger reservoir airbrush as the cup is too small but I'm getting a little tiny bit of practise with what I've got just need to keep topping up.
Is it better to use the HPLV machines in which case I need to buy one ....and which one? Or shall I just change the airbrush to a bigger liquid reservoir one?

Oh and which tanning product, and where shall I train? Like I said heeelp! I'm reading the spraytan posts after typing it in 'search' but though I'd post anyway lol!

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi there, there are absolutely tonnes of threads for spraytanners starting out. You are best to get samples from each different company and try them out, as for the equipment I have a HVLP and never used the airbrush so cant comment I'm afraid. Some companies you may want to try are tantrick, fake bake, st tropez, vani-t and sienna. Most do their own training and equipment. I would just get info from each of them and jot down the for's and against's. I use tantrick and were trained by them and am happy with them but honestly its each to their own so I would do a bit of research. Hope that helps, best of luck xxxx

You have said the airbrush that you have is from when you had your nail salon so i am guessing that you used it for nail art,
if you are to use this for spray tans then you will need a new gun that is specifically for spray tanning which could almost cost as much as a new HVLP machine,
you will get less over spray with a HVLP so it would cost you less in solution,
if you want to look at some prices here is a website for you, and ask for a sample of solution to try while you are there,
Hoodia,Tantrick,Detox patches,Breast enhancement,easyslim,Detoxify hth

You would be best to get yourself a system that "will do the job properly"
there are many many manufacturers out there..simply Goggle "spray tan" and away you go...contact them all and ask
1) what types of machine start up options are available and associated costs.
2) Training and ongoing technical support issues
3) Liquids and supply costs.
4) sales /marketing support issues

There is a good living to be had from the spray tan sector however it is essential to start off in the right manner.
Good luck with things :hug:

I can highly recommend using a hvlp machine for spray tanning, you can do a full body tan in 5-15 minutes and most dry as they spray so your clients can get dressed pretty much as soon as they have been sprayed.

As has already been menioned, contact some companies and ask for samples of their products, most will happily send them out to you and will give enough to do a full body tan....you should try a couple at a time as comparisons get really hard when you have dozens of solutions to try!!

A few companies you should definitely take a look at are - Sienna x, Tantrick, Celebrity Secrets and Vani-T

A lot of companies have great start up packages for people just starting out

xx

HI. I started to practice with my airbrush machine that i had and it was good to get a bit of practice and the feel of spray tanning , i then went on to have my training with tantrick ,and getting my hvlp machine from them , before i work on the general public. For one i didnt know how to clean my machine properly and two they really over heat . so i think its ok for a bit of practice too see if you like it but thats it , in my opinion. Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back