Just wondering! What do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffy

Reaction score
Hi
Not sure if I'm going to explain this very well but here goes....!
Whilst doing 4 sets of French shellac tonight on a variety of nail plates/shapes, it crossed my mind when do French do you geeks follow natural smile line resulting in a fairly uneven French on some nails OR do you fake your white thus giving same shape depth and perfect symmetry ??

Just wondered!! Whilst I was painting my whites!!!

What's your options??

Stupid phone!!! Doing and opinions!!! Lol

I follow the natural smile as a rule, but if the smile is wonky then I do make it look perfect.

:))))))) that was kinda like Homer and his famous "Duuhhh" on the Simpsons!!
But to you question, try to enhance the nail any way i can!! Have a nice weekend!!

I do my whites like I would an enhancement, I take it just below the smile line and swipe so it gives a teeny bit of an exaggerated smile line, unless they have really oval nails and then I do it more to the natural smile line.

Last edited:
I try to ensure depth and symetry are the same whilst keeping them natural looking at the same time. So I use their natural smile line as a guide and just perfect it :)

Thankyou for taking the time to reply,
It's weird what comes to mind whilst working!!! But I like to know what other people's thoughts and ways of working are!!! :))

Thankyou for taking the time to reply,
It's weird what comes to mind whilst working!!! But I like to know what other people's thoughts and ways of working are!!! :))

Well my criteria is to always enhance what is there and to make the nails look as pretty as they can be. That is my job.

For me it depends on the nails to be honest. I have one regular french lady who has nice natural smile lines but she always wants me to apply the white just below her natural smile line and it looks really nice.

X x x

Yes, one of the sets I did tonight, my client had very uneven smile lines so I evened them up a little and she said 'that's the first time all my nails look like they belong together!!!' ha ha

I always take the white a couple of millimetres further down to allow for growth and then the manky bit is still covered as they grow up

Unless the nail plate is so short that this throws the proportions out

I don't particualrly like an overly exaggerated smile, it looks too fake, but if that's what the customer wants, that's what they'll get :D

I use the natural line but some people want it lower so the growth doesn't show too quickly.

Again I usually follow what is there but make it look even. I had a client yesterday and her free edges grow very wonky, one side is really long with the other side short ITMAS? So I evened them up by creating the same line the other side. Hard to explain, hopefully you know what I mean, I'm not quite awake yet :lol:

Again I usually follow what is there but make it look even. I had a client yesterday and her free edges grow very wonky, one side is really long with the other side short ITMAS? So I evened them up by creating the same line the other side. Hard to explain, hopefully you know what I mean, I'm not quite awake yet :lol:
I reckon it is because you are struggling with the Wiltshire accent:D

ITMAS?

Can someone educate me lol?

ITMAS - if that makes any sense ;) lmao pretty apt really ha ha! X x x

lol I just spent ages trying to work that out - failed :lol:

I reckon it is because you are struggling with the Wiltshire accent:D

:lol: probably!!

Sorry everyone, a touch tired today :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back