Keep doing Shellac or change to Purity?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flapjack

Reaction score
Hi

I have been doing shellac nails for a while now but it doesnt always work on everyone I may buy the brisa lite which can be used in conjunction with the shellac on the base of the nails to make it last longer but havent yet decided to do so.
As for the last few months a nail technician has been doing my nails with pure nails purity uv gel which comes in pink pots. I have it on my natural nails and it lasts 4 weeks without any chipping much longer than shellac. I dont know whether to invest in that and change over. Also if I changed to the purity gel polish I may be able to start doing nail enhancements which I dont currently offer with the shellac.
I want some advice on what to do and whether it would get me more clients by changing products.
Also if I do change does anyone know where I can buy colours in the pots of purity uv gel as I have only found a site selling sculpting and clear gel but not the colours?

Thanks

Have you looked into IBX? I just stumbled across it the other day on here and apparently used under gel polishes can make it last longer on clients whose nails don't really take to gel.

There's a couple of recent threads on here about it which I found useful

Have you looked into IBX? I just stumbled across it the other day on here and apparently used under gel polishes can make it last longer on clients whose nails don't really take to gel.

There's a couple of recent threads on here about it which I found useful

Hi thanks for that info Emma ill take a look at that x

Anyone able to advise between shellac or the Purity uv gel pots (pink pots)

Purity gel (pink pot) is a completely different product to shellac. Shellac is a power polish, purity gel is for enhancements (extensions).

Am I better off changing to doing enhancements and that type of gel rather than a power polish what would attract more customers?

That depends on what you wont to offer ? Are you trained in enhancements?? i offer both , but we mostly do shellac/gelish. With out sounding rude , do you know the difference between the 2 ?

Latest posts

Back