Keeping acrylic nails on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Mill

Reaction score
Hi, i am having a bit of a dilema!!
I have lots of regular clients who have acrylic nails on and have them infilled every 2-3 weeks, they rarely loose any nails and if they do it tends to be due to an accident.
However every now and then i get a client in for a new set of nails and they will loose 3 and 4 nails at a time, what am i doing wrong??? I do the same with their nails as i do with all my other clients but some peoples nails just don't seem to stay on.
Should i be doing something else in my procedure with a new set of nails???
I recently had a client in who went away and came back with just 4 nails left on, she wasn't to pleased as you can imagine!!! Before she came to me ahe had them done at one of the chinese salons and found the nails hard to get off never mind keep on, she made me feel as though i was doing something wrong, however i really can't see what.
Please help me!!!!!!
thanks
xxxx

I have lots of regular clients who have acrylic nails on and have them infilled every 2-3 weeks, they rarely loose any nails and if they do it tends to be due to an accident.
However every now and then i get a client in for a new set of nails and they will loose 3 and 4 nails at a time, what am i doing wrong??? I do the same with their nails as i do with all my other clients but some peoples nails just don't seem to stay on.
I recently had a client in who went away and came back with just 4 nails left on, she wasn't to pleased as you can imagine!!! Before she came to me ahe had them done at one of the chinese salons and found the nails hard to get off never mind keep on, she made me feel as though i was doing something wrong, however i really can't see what.
Please help me!!!!!!
thanks
xxxx

If you are doing your prep ok and no probs with application then its more likely that these clients are doing something to make the nails lift.
The salons you describe are nss and not just chinese run, Infact there are lots of chinese nail techs who use regular l&p.

Please help me!!!!!!
thanks
xxxx

What steps are you doing when prepping hun?

Please help me!!!!!!
thanks
xxxx

Interesting, often as nail techs we are confused as to why some clients nails come back to us without service breakdown and others, well leave us with a squirm in our tummy and the negative thought of "what did I do wrong" sometimes it is what it is, we have no control over our clients when they leave the salon, do they do their homecare? how hard are they really on the nails? are they being honest with us?

I to have found that some not all clients that have worn MMA in the early stages have experienced lifting when changing over to EMA. I am perplexed by this and will find it interesting what other peeps have to say.

However without scientific evidence I think that it can either be because the nail is so thinned out that it is hard to build a strong enhancement on a weak foundation and or that EMA is more flexible and clients are use to have such a ridged, super strong enhancement, that they have been crashing and banging around with. I have experienced that over time, clients become educated with their enhancements and the problems go away.

I welcome any thoughts from other peeps as I am interested to hear what you have to say or know about this :):hug:

What condition were her natural nails in ??? and also she needs to get used to YOUR nails remembering they have more flexability, and forget the cement stuff shes been used to wearing.

I had a client ,ex NNS couldnt get used to my nails,kept loosing them ,she wanted nails they she knew she could grab her dog with when out for a walk off lead without them falling off she told me,would she rather the enhancement come off or her whole nail ??I left her to decide ,havent seen her since, so you can probly guess where shes returned too.

hey hun, i will come and see you next week and check your prep, but i am sure your thorough!:) i agree with "spn01" and the above post, if a nail plate is thin due to over drilling or the products these chinese salons use, they wont be as strong as someone who has healthy nail plates. dont panick!!:hug:

What condition were her natural nails in ??? and also she needs to get used to YOUR nails remembering they have more flexability, and forget the cement stuff shes been used to wearing.

I had a client ,ex NNS couldnt get used to my nails,kept loosing them ,she wanted nails they she knew she could grab her dog with when out for a walk off lead without them falling off she told me,would she rather the enhancement come off or her whole nail ??I left her to decide ,havent seen her since, so you can probly guess where shes returned too.

If this women made my work feel bad , Id give her a lecture myself on Nss salons/lack of hygiene and all the bad things about MMA ,I know its not proffesional running others down but if she made you feel this way , then say it.

Some of the NSS actually produce great looking nails and not all follow appalling disinfecting practices. In fact by actually taking the time out to look at what happens in the salon I have learnt a lot in regards to the nails produced. Yes MMA is used and yes the the process is traumatic to the nail plate. However the question is, why when they come for EMA nails do we have problems?

I wise business person will seek knowledge of their competition and learn from their strengths and weakness's.

We are the professionals in our field and it is up to us to educate our clients and keep on top of our game, we can lead a horse to water but cannot make it drink, if we can't change the view of our potential client, sometimes we just have to bow out gracefully, and accept they chose the other fruit in the bowl, you never know one day they may decide they like your way, - so I never burn a bridge. - Life is really very simple, what you give out, you get back?

Latest posts

Back