Keeping gel polish on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packerfan

Reaction score
How do all you nail techs keep your polish on ? Mine get ruined taking my clients polish off!

I use shellac instead of lacquer

I always wear gloves when removing my client's shellac x

I always work in gloves the whole time

I wear gel polish or Shellac.

What gloves work for all of you I tried many and acetone goes right through them! Girls I am talking about shellac I can't keep it on because of removing their polish

Yeah I always wear shellac too. I just use vinyl gloves powder free. They aren't particularly special I don't think. What type are you using? X

Yes just latex gloves for me, I find if I use the glove more than 2/3 times the acetone can come through so I tend to just grab a new glove each time just for my right hand

Yeah they don't last long! Maybe we should use marigolds!! Haha x

I never wear gloves. Weren't you taught how to remove regular polish without disturbing your own?

Yes but I can't do it lol

Sure you can. Hold the pad with remover between your first and second fingers, quite far down the finger. Do that every time, and it becomes a habit and you'll never affect your own nails.

Oh I thought this was about keeping gel polish on? I use gloves because when i wrap the nails the acetone drips onto mine, eventually my shellac will lift. I don't wear gloves for normal polish

It's the same idea/theory.

Latest posts

Back