Keeping in the loop on maternity leave

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aqua_Gecko

Reaction score
I am currently on maternity leave til next Feb and wondered how fellow geeks stayed up to date with everything going on in our rapidly moving industry! Apart from magazines, social media, Instagram etc, how did all you guys on mat leave keep in the loop?

If you are employed you are legally entitled to keeping in touch days during your mat leave (I think it's 10 days but not sure) were you arrange with your boss to come in to the work place where you can either work, attend staff meetings or attend training courses and you get paid your normal days pay for each keeping in touch day you do.

Speak to your boss about this.

Yes, you get 10 Keep In Touch days during your maternity leave, all of which are fully paid and do not affect your maternity leave or maternity pay. It's a great way to keep on top of what is happening and I would definitely recommend!!

I actually used my maternity leave for my last bump to do my massage course and plan on doing another course (although not beauty related this time) during my forthcoming maternity leave for this bump :) and I always use most of my KIT days too x

Latest posts

Back