Keeping Shellac top coat glitter free?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could use zillionaire to seal in the glitter before top coat. Getting glitter in zillionaire can only make it better!!

What a brilliant idea!!! Thanks x

But if you're using a plain colour glitter and not holographic wont the zillionaire holographic particles show up?

But if you're using a plain colour glitter and not holographic wont the zillionaire holographic particles show up?

It seems to give the glitter depth. The glitter in Zillioner is amazing, it seems to change with whatever is put under it. Looks subtly stunning over beau
Vicki x

Dream Nails by Victoria

Thanks so much ladies! some great tips here!

A lady in a salon told me to try and use a separate polish brush for top coat but I personally think that would dry the brush out when not in use right? I prefer to just get the 2 top coats and experiment with pearl and other colours. Will also press the glitter into the tacky layer. I have a lot of "fine" glitters, I think they would be more of a problem then bigger glitter chunks but hopefully wiping off the excess from the brush should get rid of the glitter particles.

I can't wait to have a mess around now! Should be fun :)

xProjectPrettyx

fine glitters work better for a smooth finish than chunky ones

It seems to give the glitter depth. The glitter in Zillioner is amazing, it seems to change with whatever is put under it. Looks subtly stunning over beau
Vicki x

Dream Nails by Victoria

Hmm my zillionaire has quite chunky multicoloured glitter so if I was to use say a plain peach glitter that would look odd over the top wouldn't it?

You could use zillionaire to seal in the glitter before top coat. Getting glitter in zillionaire can only make it better!!

OMG. Why have I never thought of this?! Thank you!!

A drop of topcoat on a bit of foil, then use an old gel brush to apply over the glitter stops your topcoat getting contaminated too.

A drop of topcoat on a bit of foil, then use an old gel brush to apply over the glitter stops your topcoat getting contaminated too.

Love this idea, I will be stealing it, thanks!!!! Xx

Why not use a separate topcoat - just for glitter / or an empty one (top it up with top coat) .... That way it won't affect your usual one ?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Oooh I do like this idea. Might try it.

xProjectPrettyx

Why not use a separate topcoat - just for glitter / or an empty one (top it up with top coat) .... That way it won't affect your usual one ?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Yahaa I'm most likely to buy 2 topcoats to use separately as suggested by quite a few people on here, but will deffo try the foil idea too just to test it out :)

Thanks all you're all fab. The Zillionnaire idea sounds great too! Can't wait to experiment xxxx

xProjectPrettyx

Latest posts

Back