Kerastraight - 2 formulas? Are they dangerous?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selina150

Reaction score
hi there, wondering if anyone can shed some light.

i won a free kerastraight treatment in a competition, and was really excited, however i have now read lots of things about straightening treatments having high levels of formaldehyde and ruining peoples hair, and am now really scared about having it done.

i have looked on the kerastraight webiste and read the data sheets that are dated 2010 and certify that its safe, which made me feel loads better, but then i was confused as to why the website said you can wash your hair straight away and the hairdresser said i cant wash it for 2 days.
i emailed them and they said they have 2 formulas - the original (no hair washing for 2 days) and the new one (hair washing straight away), so i dont know which formula the data sheets relate to.
i emailed them asking this and they havent replied.

i am quite worried about this now, as i dont know the salon where im having it done (i didnt get a choice where to go) and im scared they might ruin my hair!

Thank you for your comments and I hope we can help to clarify this for you, and also sorry for our delay in replying to your email, we are normally quick to respond so this must have slipped through the net. KeraStraight has recently launched a brand new same-day formula which is currently replacing the previous 2 day application and cleanse treatment. The salon you are booked into will be using the new same day formula for your treatment. KeraStraight decided to launch the new treatment based on customer comments regarding the length of time between applying and cleansing. KeraStraight has spent many months researching and developing the new same day formula which uses a new low pH protein which is completely free of aldehydes and formaldehyde. This new, same day treatment means that you can now walk out of the salon with beautiful, frizz free hair, without the usual 3 day wait previously associated with these treatments. We really hope you love your experience and congratulations again on winning the treatment.

Latest posts

Back