Kerastraight...how does it do in your salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
hi,

thinking of starting this treatment in the salon..is it very popular? Did you recover start up costs quickly?!

Thanks in advance x

I use la brazilliana. It took about a week to recoup costs.

Have a word with angelina221, as I know she uses this in her salon.

hi we have started doing this in our salon and its very popular at the moment now alot of people have heard if it

Thanks. Think I will order some tomorrow and do the girls in the salons hair...I'm right in saying you can style the hair in different styles, rather than just having to use it to straighten?? x

Once you have done the treatment and washed it for the first time then yes, you can curl it or whatever.
It is primarily a straightening and repair system and you have to straighten every piece of hair 10 times whilst doing the treatment so that it is perfectly straight. You can get a bit of root lift by straightening it upwards.
You can recoup your costs in 2 or 3 treatments.
We had a few teething problems with it which have been sorted now.
It is better to advertise it as a de-frizzing treatment.
If you have incredibly curly then it's not going to make it poker straight and clients need to be made aware of this. Some clients will still need to run the straighteners over it.

So...

You can do it a bit fuller, just as full as you would be able to usually do with straighteners?

Cos I know I have clients who would want it done if it would make their hair fuller and easier to style :D thanks xx

It makes mine lank-lol. I have thin hair and i've had it done a couple of times but don't think i'd have it done it again.
For people with thick and/or frizzy hair then it's great.
It's not going to make it fuller.

oh, ok thanks.

i just thought cos a lot of people are calling it the brazilian blow dry, it would be like you could do it the same way as youd blow dry the hair...if you get what i mean ...?? lol

Sort of. It makes the hair easy to dry and smoother-even curly hair. I don't push it as a straightener, it is a smoothing treatment. I had it done, my hair is long and fine. It fell into the blow dry shape when I just blasted it with the hairdryer.It made it look really healthy too. I have done quite well with it. I priced it at 200 long, 120 short and have done about 30 of them now. So a fairly good return in four months.

Hmmm will have to try la braziliana. It takes me a lot longer to dry my hair after a kerastraight treatment. I can't just blast dry it either and i still have to straighten it. Perhaps it's just my hair!

Might give both companies a call and see if they would give me a sample...doubtful though!!! Heard more about kerastraight but its good to hear you are getting good results with la brasiliana...will look into it many thanks geeks :D xxx

So what difference does kerastraight make to your hair?

So what difference does kerastraight make to your hair?

When i had it done the first time i was really impressed. I have dark hair but had previously had it bleached for years so it wasn't in the best condition. My hairdresser used to wash/blowdry and straighten every week but when i had it done the first time she didn't need to straighten it but it did take longer to blowdry than normal. It was shiny and got rid of the frizz. The 2nd time i had it done i still have to straighten it. It's definitely conditioned it but not sure why i have to straighten it now when i didn't before!

That does sound a bit odd. With la brasilliana, I was told by the trainer NOT to apply the solution thickly. It really wasn't great advice, we found we got better results using more solution.

That does sound a bit odd. With la brasilliana, I was told by the trainer NOT to apply the solution thickly. It really wasn't great advice, we found we got better results using more solution.
That's interesting. We were told to apply really sparingly too. Maybe i might try it again and apply it more thickly next time and see if that makes much difference. I will have to ask Donna from sophisticutz on here, as i know she has had great success with Kerastaright in her salon.
Actually the first time i had it done we had a bad batch so had it re-done a week later so had 2 lots of product on so that would make sense!

That's interesting. We were told to apply really sparingly too. Maybe i might try it again and apply it more thickly next time and see if that makes much difference. I will have to ask Donna from sophisticutz on here, as i know she has had great success with Kerastaright in her salon.
Actually the first time i had it done we had a bad batch so had it re-done a week later so had 2 lots of product on so that would make sense!

Hi,

I apply it very sparingly. For instance on my daughters hair, which is medium thickness, virgin hair and is roughly to her shoulder blades, I used about 30ml (one bottle is 50ml). I apply it section at a depth of about 1/4 of an inch. the trick is not to let the ends dry out. So once I have done the whole head I go back over the ends of the hair. On my thickest heads of hair I still haven't used any more than 60ml regardless of length. Any more than this leaves the hair heavy and oily looking. I always blowdry it in 100% before I straighten it.

I think, from what I have read, that all the treatments are pretty much the same. They all have the same chemical list, just smell differently. :) I have found investing in an air purifier a good thing as it just produces a fog as you straighten which was giving me a sore throat! I just run it beside the client as I carry out the treatment.

We have had great success with Kerastraight and recouped the costs immediately. I do to advertise it as a de-frizzing and control treatment for unruly hair. Although, I have just done my first really curly haired client and it worked a treat! :)

Ah well perhaps it is my hair then-lol.
The most we have used is probably 2 and a half bottles but the client had really really curly hair and it was long too. Jez did that treatment though and he said her hair was the worst case scenario you would ever get-lol
I only used about half a bottle on mine.

We found that the gungier the hair, the better the result!

Hi guys I started using Kerastraight in our salon just before christmas.
I have done now maybe 6 clients and costs are covered - but they are 6 clients that are hard to come by in the current climate unfortunately- noone wants to spend money and this treatment is expensive.
I had to re-do the treatment for one client - it didnt take well on top (she had almost afro hair) but it actually worked quite well on the ends of her hair.
What it does is smoothes out the hair - doesnt straighten it.
It will turn thin hair greasy and limp so I would only do it for clients with normal/thick hair who complain that they have to straighten their hair every day or that they have a big fuzz ball on their head and can't do much with it - for them the treatment is perfect.
The most important thing is to keep straightening during last stage of the treatment - not just 10 times - straighten as long as it takes for the wet look to leave the hair and so when you are finished hair doesnt feel greasy instead it feels completely dry - am only finding this out now so although the treatment is easy to do (tho takes forever) it is important it is done property otherwise you'll get complaints unfortunately.
It also has fumes coming off it which made my eyes (and clients) water, so be careful with that and make sure where you are working that the area is well ventilated.
The drying process also created ALOT of steam so can set the fire alarm off.
But this stuff is all the rage now so defo introduce it into your salon - whatever the brand - just make sure there is no formaldehyde!!

Latest posts

Back