Kerastraight or global keratin? which one...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexster

Reaction score
hi ya guys thinking of getting one of these products for my salon but as ive no experience in this area i thought id pick your brains for a little help on this one....

1: which would be best to go for. kerastraight or global keratin?
2: how do the clients like the product.
3: has anyone had any bad feed back from customers.
4: is it really that good? (sounds too good to be true).
5: do you have to go for training? (ive found a web site i can buy it with no training).
6: does it really improve the condition? and are there any clients you wouldn't use it on and why..
7 how long should it take me to do my first client?

thanks in advance x

I use La Brasilliana, same sort of thing.

1 I don't think it really matters.
2 Clients have been very pleased.
3 only when not enough product has been used. I use more than the rep said, for the best results.
4 Yes it does what it says. I don't sell it as a sstraightener tho.
5 no, not if you are a hair pro already, just follow the instructions carefully.
6 yes it's great on really manky hair, no there is nobody I wouldnt use it on.
7 Your first one? 3 or 4 hours. I have it down to an hour and a half now, but I am a superfast hairdresser.

I use Kerastraight and think it's fantastic. It does what it says on the tin. I am in agreement with all of the above, a monkey could do it. :)

I was also thinking of trying this, due to reading a recent thread, so great questions and answers here :hug:
I've never heard of any salon using it here, so I've no idea about it at all.
Do you both order direct from Kerastraight and from La Brasilliana websites?
And how do you set a price, is it rrp? Or do you set it to something similar in length of time to complete, like a 1/2 head or full head foils for instance?
Thanks very much :D x

I get mine from capital.

I charge one price for short hair and one price for long hair. Best goolge and find out what other salons around you are charging. I'm in London and everyone on here gasps at my prices

We use Kerastraight at my salon. We have set prices. It's £150 for short hair, £200 for medium length and £250 for long. I think that's roughly the same as most places.
I'm intrigued what your prices are now Dawn!

200 short, 300 long.

I charge less, but that is down to location. Mine starts from £135 and ends at £200, I also chuck in the shampoo and conditioner.

hi ya
well i rang them today (lisa u can get the number off the web site) sorry im talking about kerastraight, they were really helpful and answered all my questions..

no training needed
can be used on clients with really damaged hair
they said shortest time between applications was 2 n a half months (but on the web site it says 1 month so im a little confused at that..)
guides on prices were
150 for short
200 for shoulder length
250 for long
300 for long n dense
shampoo n conditioner and cut was charged on top of that not included..

can be reapplied a week later if clients was unhappy with result..
but it must be stressed to the client before hand that this is not a chemical straightener and wont give poker straight results..

lasts longer on chemically treated hair... up to 4 to 5 months
lesser time for natural hair 2 to 3 months

cant be used on pregnant woman.. only due to lack of research

personally i cant wait to try it out :)
x

Hi I use Kerastraight

1: I think they are all the same (the formaldehyde free ones)
2: They seem to like it
3: One lady had near afro hair - it didn't take too well around her face the first time so i did it for her again at no charge, she was happy with the way the rest of the hair turned out though so i just worked extra hard to seal the treatment in around her face and she seemed happy
4: yes it really calms the mad frizzy curly hair down and gives a soft smooth result
5: no a training dvd is anough - its simple just time consuming
6: I wouldnt use it on clients with fine hair - it would just weigh hair down even more
7: Around 4-4.5 hours from my experience as you do each step carefully but then you decide for yourself what bits you need to take out for each individual client - like processing time is not always needed.

I charge 150€ for short, 175-200€ for mid length, 200-250€ for long and include a shampoo and conditioner in the price.
Make sure you get a straightener that heats up to 230 degrees - its so important!

I have used it on clients with fine hair and it hasn't weighed it down at all. :)

I have had it done and I have fine hair. Made mine nice and bouncy.

Hi, thank you to all who have replied recommending KeraStraight. Our treatment works amazingly well on fine hair as it essentially a Keratin rebuilding and reconditioning treatment that gives a straight effect. We have developed KeraStraight further to take away the heavy, lank hair associated with early Brazilian treatments and find this is no longer a problem. KeraStraight also has a light, pleasant fragrance and has no need for fans or masks.

We are always happy to answer any questions, so please reply to this thread or call us at any time.

Hi

I am considering a kerastraight treatment prior to my holidays in two weeks. I have very fine fragile hair which has been highlighted for some 20 years, fine but due to highlights is a bit like fluffy candy floss when dries naturally, hence nightmare holiday hair, adding hours of attention which really makes holidaying a bit of a nightmare. Looking for some advice as my worry is that my hair will be so straight and lank i will look like i have little hair and this would ruin my holiday, my hair does require body being put into it when styling. Is adding body achievable after this treatment? also i have a long weeping fringe which i like body and not neat, will this treatment leave my fringe lank too?

Appreciate any comments to help me come to a decision as time is ticking for my holiday.

Thanks

I am considering a kerastraight treatment prior to my holidays in two weeks. I have very fine fragile hair which has been highlighted for some 20 years, fine but due to highlights is a bit like fluffy candy floss when dries naturally, hence nightmare holiday hair, adding hours of attention which really makes holidaying a bit of a nightmare. Looking for some advice as my worry is that my hair will be so straight and lank i will look like i have little hair and this would ruin my holiday, my hair does require body being put into it when styling. Is adding body achievable after this treatment? also i have a long weeping fringe which i like body and not neat, will this treatment leave my fringe lank too?

Appreciate any comments to help me come to a decision as time is ticking for my holiday.

I use global keratin at work. We had training, I can do it on average in around 2hours. We charge £120 on short hair& £140 on long (if really thick and long more time&£160) the shampoo&condition retail at £16 each. I have NEVER had a re-do yet or any problems. We do consultation before we make the booking to see the hair and if it wasn't going to make a difference on the clients hair then I'd tell them they'd be wasting £120. To make sure you get good feed bk they need to have really frizzy hair or just be really OCD about there hair or they'll feel like they've wasted there money. It's not a straightner it's a d-frizzer and a curl relaxer. I've heard things about other bb-drys about damage and breakage...?!?!? Should happen as it's all pretty natural and you can do it on any type of hair, only thing I can think of is people are using full heat on there hairdryers. If you do get bad feedback did you go through the correct questions in your consultation as water softener shortens the life span, do they go swimming alot? You can not do this service if your client is pregnant, if they wash there hair every other day the life span of this service is halved etc.

Hope this helped?

I forgot to say you can have it done monthly and the more you have it done the longer the result&better it takes!

Hi, thank you to all who have replied recommending KeraStraight. Our treatment works amazingly well on fine hair as it essentially a Keratin rebuilding and reconditioning treatment that gives a straight effect. We have developed KeraStraight further to take away the heavy, lank hair associated with early Brazilian treatments and find this is no longer a problem. KeraStraight also has a light, pleasant fragrance and has no need for fans or masks.

We are always happy to answer any questions, so please reply to this thread or call us at any time.

hi, just wanna ask you about kerastraight, where is your saloon based, how much do you ask for kerastraight treatment for shoulder length fine hair and how long do i have to keep it on my hair before washing them with sulphate free shampoo? many thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back