Kind of disappointed with Nouvatan and Sienna X

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's darker?

• Vita Liberata

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Nouvatan

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Fake Bake

Votes: 28 77.8%

• Total voters

klimaxoxox

Reaction score
I just switched from Sienna X to Nouvatan (darkest tan they've got) and while Nouvatan is better than Sienna X, it still isn't quite what I'm looking for. It had a nice shade of Red on my feet but for rest of body it looks nice when I look at it but not when I look at it from the mirror. I'm looking for the darkest brown tan available I heard of Vita Liberata. Should I make the leap?

I definately didn't get this shade which is as they advertise :/

Spray%20tan.jpg

Are you a trained spray tanner or a customer?

I just switched from Sienna X to Nouvatan (darkest tan they've got) and while Nouvatan is better than Sienna X, it still isn't quite what I'm looking for. It had a nice shade of Red on my feet but for rest of body it looks nice when I look at it but not when I look at it from the mirror. I'm looking for the darkest brown tan available I heard of Vita Liberata. Should I make the leap?

Spray%20tan.jpg

Hi there,
You don't list that you are a professional so I do take it that you are a customer. Sorry you are disappointed with your tanning experiences, however the poster shown is just a promotional item used in salons to advertise the tan. A tan can go different shades depending on the percentage of tan used, how it is applied, and most importantly how you prep yoir skin before your appointment.. Also tans work by adapting to the clients natural skin tone. It's a very important factor. You and I could get the same tan done but it probably will look completely different... Due to our tones and all the other things listed,

Hope that helps

Nicola! Xxx

I've answered some of your posts before and you seem to be no further on from your first post.......The picture is a guide. It's not a paint chart. There will always be a variation in colour depending on your skin tone as mentioned by another poster.

You've tried quite a few of the main brands and none of them seem to be achieving the reddish brown that you are after. I personally use LA Tan but the brown range not the gold range. This goes quite dark so may be worth trying although with all the brands you have used previously, I honestly feel you may have unrealistic expectations on the colour your skin will achieve.

Interesting user name by the way......

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Spray%20tan.jpg

Which tans have you used??
Why are you wanting a red brown toned tan??

Hi, I just sprayed a dancer with Siennasol extreme dark 20%, maybe you could give that a try. Bit pricey though compared to Nouvatan.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 256
I find that Sally Salon Services brand one really good for people who want a very dark tan but it comes off awful although if your looking to be mahogany its probably gonna look pretty rank coming off anyway. Also putting on a gradual tanning moisturizer a for a few days beforehand can really help and prevent a really dark shade from being too patchy.

Latest posts

Back