Koleston help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcB1992

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a level 3 student studying in Glasgow and I was looking for some advice with the Wella Koleston colours. I have a client who usually has 66/0 to cover her greys and a 6/03 for a golden tone to her hair. Last time she had her hair coloured she wanted a bit of warmth in it, and it turned out more red than I had hoped. She wants to return to the golden tone she had before, but I don't know if applying the 66/0 and 6/03 would work over the warmth in her hair? Thanks!:)

Hi Hun you shouldn't mix double bases with single bases. Double bases should only be mixed with mixer tone xx

Hi Marc

How much 6/03 did you put in? I agree you shouldn't mix 66/0 with anything other than mix tones but that's not really a solution to the added warmth you got. When you say it went red, I assume you mean it was too golden? How does she know she usually gets this colour? Do you know the previous mix ratio? Remember that a 66/0 has the /0 which will reveal natural warmth of a 6 which is orange, so you already have a bit of warmth in it.

In my college we usually mix these colours and they turn out great. And it has more of a mahogany tone in it now. Her hairdresser had written down the colours she had used as she knew I was going to start colouring her hair, it was a 66/0 and a 6/3, I'm not sure what she used for the mahogany tones last time she had her hair coloured. Thanks again!

Show her the koleston book and see what she points her finger on , then add that to the 66/0 and you should be fine it could be 6/73 or 6/7 or 6/75 etc , what looks gold to you could be red to her

Mix bleach powder with warm water - no peroxide. Apply to pre shampooed hair - great for shifting unwanted tone without lightening base, dry it off and see what u got from there. X

Hi BravoPhil, I mixed the powder bleach an warm water- worked a treat! Thanks!

U r welcome. Xx

Phil xxx

Latest posts

Back