Konad Nail Art Stamping Kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Just thought I would bump this one back up after the show at the NEC.
I was put off buying one after reading about everyones problems on here. BUT after this thread I thought what the hell, buy it and try it!
I went and met Karen, who was extremly helpful, and I brought the mini kit.

When I got home I had a play and after a few tantrums I got the hang of it, was trying to stamp everything in the end!
I also found that if I let the design dry a bit then there was no smudging, and using Karen's technique.
The reason for it smudging, well this is what I think, is that the polish is 3 times thicker than normal polish????

Happy stamping.

xx

Hi there
Not sure about this but i shall give it a go! You would need to be quick though.
I will let you know how it works out!!!
Karen

bimbogeri said:
One other thing - is there any way of reversing the designs? Could you pick it up on one stamper and then stamp it onto a second stamper and there still be enough design left to go onto the nail?
Some of the designs are fairly symmetrical but there are others that you'd want to go one way on the left hand and the other way on the right.

:irked: Hi there
I am baffled as to why this happened. With anything, normally, once the top coat is on it will stay! I have had designs on my toes for up to 4 weeks. Maybe it wasnt dry, or she was playing around with other products but this is a new one to me??

we will be at Olympia on stand B67 if you are going we can apply another stamp and see what happens.

Regards
Karen:rolleyes:

joanna sharp said:
hi all,

i have seen this kit on and off for a few monthes now and keeped telling my self i must have one.

i saw you down at excel and my friend had one of her nails stamped, and had the top coat put on as well, it was a very simple design and looked great i thought i will get the kit befor we left.

unfortunatly within two hours the disign had rubed of and she was doing nothing to warrent this happening, needless to say i did not go back to pick up the kit.

could there be a resonable reson why this happened??

joanna

sharp_nails

Use nail varnish remover.

bimbogeri said:
One other thing - is there any way of reversing the designs? Could you pick it up on one stamper and then stamp it onto a second stamper and there still be enough design left to go onto the nail?
Some of the designs are fairly symmetrical but there are others that you'd want to go one way on the left hand and the other way on the right.

KJT Ltd said:
:irked: Hi there
I am baffled as to why this happened. With anything, normally, once the top coat is on it will stay! I have had designs on my toes for up to 4 weeks. Maybe it wasnt dry, or she was playing around with other products but this is a new one to me??

we will be at Olympia on stand B67 if you are going we can apply another stamp and see what happens.

Regards
Karen:rolleyes:

The only way the stamp could have gone off, is if the coats wasn't dry enough. Or if she use a peel off top coat. But there is no other way I know of that the stamp can go off.

I got the konad stamping kit too i thought it was brilliant! But cant wash the paint off the discs!! Its probably just me lol

hi
im sure they sell this on qvc have a look at their website
debbie

Hi. Im a total idiot at all nail art. I bought a kit with 4 plates and some polish, and it really is EASY!! I do have a problem with the topcoat thu.... either I drag the design and it looks rubbish, or I drag the nailpolish over the design. Ive tried waiting ages to let it dry...but that didnt work. Also tried putting a "blob" of topcoat on, but that doesnt look nice either... WHAT DO I DO WRONG???

Its SO depressing when youve done them REALLY nice, and then ruin it all with the topcoat?

You dont wash the discs, just use nail polish removed to clean them, along with the stamper and scraper.
Karen

beautytherapist said:
I got the konad stamping kit too i thought it was brilliant! But cant wash the paint off the discs!! Its probably just me lol

Hi there
If you look at the original thread here you will see my tips on the smudging thing. I also think thats its better not to wait too long. Apply the design when the varnish is still tacky for extra adhesion and then apply the top coat. We do lots of demos as shows and put the top coat on straight away very successfully. Remember only one stroke!! If the nail is large, just one stroke in each side.
Regards
Karen

daredevil said:
Hi. Im a total idiot at all nail art. I bought a kit with 4 plates and some polish, and it really is EASY!! I do have a problem with the topcoat thu.... either I drag the design and it looks rubbish, or I drag the nailpolish over the design. Ive tried waiting ages to let it dry...but that didnt work. Also tried putting a "blob" of topcoat on, but that doesnt look nice either... WHAT DO I DO WRONG???

Its SO depressing when youve done them REALLY nice, and then ruin it all with the topcoat?

Hi there
Yes QVC do sell our products. We have some new kits being introduced soon. We offer exclusive kits to QVC that are not available anywhere else.
Kind regards
Karen

longtallons said:
hi
im sure they sell this on qvc have a look at their website
debbie

It sounds like many of you have these kits laying arround.

Please pm me if you wanna sell the templates (might as well if you dont like using them :green:)

You use varnish remover to take off the varnish from the discs, plate and stamp. You must remove it immediately. While you wait for the client's nail to dry you can clean everything.

beautytherapist said:

Would love to see more pics of konad art.
I couldn't find a gallery on the site, only the templates?

Does anyone have a tonne of konad art?

Airbrushing seems to be the thing in my neighborhood and I really don't want to do that.
Konad seems simpler and less expensive.

I would love to see more of it before I decide to invest.

thanks!

have uploaded a bad pic in my gallery. Its hard to see, but theres white flowers stamped in smile line. Black on 1 finger. Dont look at the nails, they need some serius attention.... :o

Thanks Daredevil!

Nice pics :green:

still want more though.
Anyone else?

Pretty please?

KJT Ltd said:
:D HI THERE

MY NAME IS KAREN TAYLOR - MANAGING DIRECTOR OF KJY BEAUTY NAILS AND TRAINING LTD

WE ARE THE EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTORS OF KONAD PRODUCTS IN THE UK AND SPAIN.

I WAS RECENTLY INTRODUCED TO THENAILGEEK.COM AND WAS QUICK SURPRISED BY THE AMOUNT OF NAILS TECHS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE STAMPING KIT! ITS SOOO EASY.

I THINK THE MAIN PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE THE TOP COAT FOR MOST OF YOU. WE SELL THOUSANDS OF THESE KITS AND ONLY HEAR FROM A FEW OF YOU REGARDING THIS. I WOULD HATE TO THINK YOU PURCHASED THE KIT AND ENDED UP PUTTING IN A CUPBOARD TO GATHER DUST!

WE MADE OF POINT AT EXCEL 06 OF APPLYING TOPCOAT TO EVERY SINGLE DEMO WE DID. AND WE DID NOT ENCOUNTER ANY SMUDGING. THERE IS A KNACK TO IT AND THIS IS WHAT WE DO:

FIRSTLY, YOU MUST APPLY BASE COAT. THIS CAN BE CLEAR, OR ANY REGULAR POLISH.

YOU MUST BE QUICK. APPLY THE SPECIAL POLISH, SCRAPE, PUT THE STAMPER ONTO THE DESIGN AND APPLY TO THE NAIL.

WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR DESIGNS ON EACH NAIL YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO RETURN TO THE FIRST DESIGN AND APPLY YOUR TOP COAT. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT ALL DAY!!!

WITH A GOOD SIZE DROP OF TOP COAT ON YOUR BRUSH - LIGHTLY MOVE THE DROP ACROSS THE DESIGN. DONT LET THE BRUSH COME INTO CONTACT WITH THE DESIGN. YOU CAN THEN GO AROUND THE EDGES OF THE DESIGN WITH THE TOP COAT. THAT SHOULD DO IT!

IF THE WHOLE NAIL IS COVERED IN A DESIGN THEN DO YOUR NORMAL THREE STROKES ACROSS THE NAIL WITH THE DROP OF TOP COAT.

YOU CAN ONLY GO OVER THE DESIGN AGAIN WHEN THE TOPCOAT IS DRIED.

THE SPECIAL POLISH IS VERY THICK AND USED FOR THE DESIGNS. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND REGULAR POLISH FOR DESIGNS.

IF YOU DO HAVE PROBLEMS, WE ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU. WE WOULD NEVER GIVE YOU THE BRUSH OFF!

IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER INFORMATION YOU CAN CONTACT ME THROUGH WWW.KONAD.CO.UK WHERE MYSELF AND THE TEAM WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU OUT. WE ONLY WANT HAPPY CUSTOMERS!

Happy Stamping!

Karen Taylor

Just wondered was this not classed as Advertising?

Umm should probably ask Sam or Geeg, and not her.

It looks more like a trouble shooter to me, than anything else.
But, what do I know:irked:

As for Bec's site... it's not coming up?:cry:

VHunter said:
Umm should probably ask Sam or Geeg, and not her.

It looks more like a trouble shooter to me, than anything else.
But, what do I know:irked:

As for Bec's site... it's not coming up?:cry:

Bugger !

I didn't check the link and you're right, it doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's just down for a bit .......

She had some really good nail art on there, both hand painted and Konad.

River

Latest posts

Back