L+P Beads problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purple Rose

Reaction score
I've been practising my nails after having a skill builder fairly recently, and really want to get them right, however the first couple of nails I do are fine I can pick up the right size to complete each area of the nail, but as I do a few more my brush feels quite wet and I can only pick up a small bead, which by the time I get to the thumb on the first hand is just ridiculous. I presumed my monomer is getting contaminated however I'm a little unsure as to how after a few hands? Can anyone give me any advice. I have been practising picking up beads and they do seem fine, yet when I do a hand it goes all wrong!! Has anyone got any advice.

Many thanks xx

I've been practising my nails after having a skill builder fairly recently, and really want to get them right, however the first couple of nails I do are fine I can pick up the right size to complete each area of the nail, but as I do a few more my brush feels quite wet and I can only pick up a small bead, which by the time I get to the thumb on the first hand is just ridiculous. I presumed my monomer is getting contaminated however I'm a little unsure as to how after a few hands? Can anyone give me any advice. I have been practising picking up beads and they do seem fine, yet when I do a hand it goes all wrong!! Has anyone got any advice.

Many thanks xx

I suspect you are doing pink and white and you are depositing a bit of white powder into your dappen dish as you're wiping your brush on the side before picking up your pink bead...... This will then polymerise in the liquid and make picking up beads very difficult as your have found!

Try wiping your brush on your 'wiping pad' before you go back into your liquid to make sure there's no residue of powder. If you notice your monomer getting cloudy wipe it out and use some new. I only ever have enough monomer to do one hand at a time......

hth's

I had a feeling that was the case, I do wipe my brush, but I have a feeling I contaminate it as I don't pay much attention to wear I wipe it. What would you recommend I use to wipe my brush on? x

a lint pad with scrubfresh on is the best as it helps to minimise smells and stops you from putting your arm in!
I also wipe out my monomer dish after zone 1and use fresh for zone 2/3.

I had a feeling that was the case, I do wipe my brush, but I have a feeling I contaminate it as I don't pay much attention to wear I wipe it. What would you recommend I use to wipe my brush on? x

When I first started nails I had this problem and found it was dust from filing that was contaminating my dappen dish and brush (filings getting stuck to the brush when wiping). Now i'm sure to change all couch roll, wipe down the surface and keep a lid on my dappen dish - even when empty - to keep it dush free.

Also since I have taken the advice from here about using a lint free pad with a little scrub fresh on to wipe my brush I have seen a huge improvement.

hth

Kelly x

Latest posts

Back