L&P being affected by the heat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouboutinLover

Reaction score
Hi Geeks - odd question I know - but I'm at a loss!

Is anyone else finding the longevity of their acrylics is affected by the hot weather recently???

I use the Young Nails L+P system with literally no issues (touch wood!) and bang over the last couple of weeks people are losing nails? Ladies who are my 'ideal' clients who rarely have lifting after 4-5 weeks are messaging me saying they've lost a nail.

I have not changed my products, I have not changed my process (although I am working slightly wetter due to the heat) - I am confused.com!!! The only thing that has change is the weather!!!

Am I clutching at straws here or is this a possibility? And if you have experienced this how have you overcome it?

Help a stressed woman! Lol :)

I am having problems with gels lol I was going to do acrylic tomoro as I thought I would do better lol xxx

L&P is affected by the heat as your monomer will evaporate quicker so your mix ratio can go off and end up dryer, hence lifting. There was a thread a few days ago about this and Geeg suggested keeping your monomer cooler ie, in a fridge, to help avoid the problem. I have definitely noticed the difference in this weather so have had to tweak my application. I am however going to pop my monomer in the fridge until the weather cools as although I keep mine in my desk cupboard, it is right by the large salon window so gets very warm xx

That's a really good tip thank you - I didn't experience any problems I've my previous 2 summers but I guess we've had some pretty rubbish summers recently an I don't remember the last 2 years being this hot?
Can u tell me the title of the thread so I can have a read through? Thank you guys!
Although I don't wish problems on anyone else I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! :)

from a chemistry point of view:

All L&P reactions are designed to work at a certain temperature (20-24 degrees C as a rule)
this narrow temperature ensures that the mix is correct, which in turn means it sets correctly and strongly...

When ever a tech works in a temperature under or over this during application and 'modifies' the mix to compensate for the faster or slower pickup they are actually working outside of the chemicals optimum condition...
Too much liquid creates a brittle enhancement that shrinks more than normal and cracks easily.
Too little liquid creates a weak bond with no overall strength

In other words... when we as techs modfiy the mix, we are most likely going to 'cause' the service breakdown by creating a more brittle mix of liquid to powder...

Ideally heat/cool your work room to this temperature range, or at the least keep your monomer at this temperature. A chilly bin can be an ideal way to keep nail products at the optimum temperature as it an insulated box...

hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back