L&P nail damage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxx

Reaction score
Hello geeks. I'm booked on the CND course for liquid and powder conversion but I'm looking for wording why acrylic shouldn't damage the nails as we all know the product has a bad name!

How would you put this across that after all the bad press they aren't damaging?

I just explain that nail enhancements (whatever they may be, acrylic, gel) do not damage the nails. Improper application and removal causes damage, as do untrained "techs" using drills. For the most part, people cause damage, not products.

I would just leave it at untrained techs. I would hate for people to think they should run for the hills everytime they see an e-file. An untrained tech can do just as much damage with a hand file.

Good point Chickafish. Didn't even think of that.

It is true what you said though. It's people that cause damage, not the product. And that goes for clients who have no clue how to take care of their enhancements as well. Basically, I think the best way to gain a client's trust in l&p is to ensure them that with correct application from a trained tech and proper aftercare and maintenance from the client, there should be no damage to the natural nails. That means the tech doesn't file the living bajesus out of them, and the client doesn't use them as a screwdriver or a crowbar.

Keep it positive and promote yourself. What you say is "My acrylics won't harm your nails because I am an expert in application and removal. I have been trained by the world's most innovative company in the nail business and use top of the line products by CND." Then point to your certificate on the wall and brush off your shoulder, pimp style! Lol

Keep it positive and promote yourself. What you say is "My acrylics won't harm your nails because I am an expert in application and removal. I have been trained by the world's most innovative company in the nail business and use top of the line products by CND." Then point to your certificate on the wall and brush off your shoulder, pimp style! Lol
Absolutely!

I use pictures to show the difference too. The picture below who is my niece, a hairdresser, had sculpted acrylic on for 3 weeks and came back for removal. And also everything else that has been listed too all great advice, xx
HTH xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368692312.142690.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368692312.142690.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 141

Latest posts

Back