L&P trained last May, but hardly any interest

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazBeautica

Reaction score
Hi i offer Gelish and trained in l & p last may but ive had hardly any interest in full sets. It seems the gel polishes have taken over and more and more people are opting for gel than l &p. I love working with Gelish so thats not an issue.

Problem is i feel like im gonna lose my skill if i dont do many. Ive done one regular for NNO since i trained and a few repairs etc but not full sets with tips or sculpts. So many people also go to NSS to get their l & p done at cheaper rates too. Its so difficult out there to get the business. :sad:

I wish i had this as most of my clients are the other way around, they all love their L&P's.

It is hard competing with the NSS across the road, but those that come to me instead of the NSS come because they like a chat & don't like the electronic file.

If your worried about your skills not being as sharp, may be do an offer once in a while on your L&P to get new clients in, then you can either keep doing L&P or convert them to the benefits of Gel !!

Thanks for replying thought that too, trouble is i charge £28 for a full set and it takes me longer as i dont do many 1.45 i reckon now and sometimes then just as long to infill lol. So if i do an offer i wont gain much profit from it.

I take about the same but do it for less than you to make sure I get the business & experience I need to hone my skills.
I'm about right pricing wise though for my competitors, if I was in a different town I could charge more.

I'd rather do just Gel as the cost to me is less than L&P & takes half the time, but have to go with what my customers want.

Really, well i no im not alone with timing now then. So many nss round here do a full set for £23 in under an hour. I suppose I could look at it that way with doing more gel than l & p. Thanku for your advice x

Latest posts

Back