L&P vs Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Nailz

Reaction score
Okay, soooo.

I noticed that Clients have come to me saying they have had gel nails somewhere else. When applying my Gel, they then say, "It didn't look like that when I had it done at the other place" So I asked what it looked like. She replied "It was powder stuff". So I assume it was L&P?

Why do Salons say it is Gel, when it isn't. It isn't, is it?!
Well not pure gel anyway! this annoys me.

But anyway, Is L&P like Acrylic? I know it is obviously liquid and Powder, but is it as strong as Acrylic, and is it applied like Acrylic. I know nothing about Acrylic, so not sure if it is the same thing or not. I am wondering about looking into it!

Same thing. L&P are the 2 products which are used to form acrylic nails it is the polymerisation of the liquid & powder that bond the acrylic to the natural nail.
As for salons calling different products something else or describing one as the same as another is annoying but it will continue. Some places tell the customer what they want to hear just to get the sale! Sad but true!

http://www.salongeek.com/training/15482-system-comparison-written-salon-magazine-gigi-rouse.html will outline the different pro's and con's for each product.

L&P in more commonly called acrylic. The reason it is not described as acrylic on the forum and by the professionals is because both gel and L&P are made from acrylic. They are both formed from the same made ingredient.

Some salon's claim to be providing gel when its L&P because gel is sometime wrongly assumed to be kinder to natural nails.

Yes Miss Owen puts it better than me. Most refer to l&p enhancements as acrylic nails. Whereas gel are assumed to have no link to acrylic & are simply called gel.

Just to add that there is also another Acrylic product out there AcryGel or GelAcryl, instead of the Monomer Liquid a gel like substance is used, it is still dipped in the powder and applied. So you still get your Acrylic enhancement but the application is a little different. Not sure how the finished product compares to L&P or Gel enhancements, I have heard mixed reviews

Just to add that there is also another Acrylic product out there AcryGel or GelAcryl, instead of the Monomer Liquid a gel like substance is used, it is still dipped in the powder and applied. So you still get your Acrylic enhancement but the application is a little different. Not sure how the finished product compares to L&P or Gel enhancements, I have heard mixed reviews

Think this was the one I was on about. Using gel but with powder!

Latest posts

Back