L&p

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanned85

Reaction score
I did a set of acrylics this morning and the natural nail was a strange shape and the free edge kinda went right around the nail, so it was really hard trying to fit the nail into the well properly. Now you can see a bit of the nail through the overlay on the thumbs ;-/ What have i done wrong???

Attachments

• IMG-20111218-00376.jpg
    IMG-20111218-00376.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 181
I did a set of acrylics this morning and the natural nail was a strange shape and the free edge kinda went right around the nail, so it was really hard trying to fit the nail into the well properly. Now you can see a bit of the nail through the overlay on the thumbs ;-/ What have i done wrong???

I think you've over filed the tip. Done that loads of times myself!! I use well less one now - much easier.:biggrin:

Are they white tips or did you do the whites freehand with L+P? The solution depends:

1) If they are white tips you need to file away all of the free edge before you tip and it may take some tailoring the tip to get a good snug fit with no free edge showing.

2) If you applied your own white you need to make sure you push the corners up higher to cover the edges of the nail.

The little art/embellishment is really pretty btw!

Hth's

I think you've over filed the tip. Done that loads of times myself!! I use well less one now - much easier.:biggrin:

Ahh yes maybe, do you not have to blend the well less ones?? x

Are they white tips or did you do the whites freehand with L+P? The solution depends:

1) If they are white tips you need to file away all of the free edge before you tip and it may take some tailoring the tip to get a good snug fit with no free edge showing.

2) If you applied your own white you need to make sure you push the corners up higher to cover the edges of the nail.

The little art/embellishment is really pretty btw!

Hth's

Neither, they are natural tips :confused:

Ahh yes maybe, do you not have to blend the well less ones?? x

No, you apply them to the free edge then away you go. they come in natural, white & clear. I think most companies do them now.

No, you apply them to the free edge then away you go. they come in natural, white & clear. I think most companies do them now.

i have the french white well less ones but didnt realise you could do it will natural, (dont know why lol)

Neither, they are natural tips :confused:

Well is they are natural tips then you must have applied the white over the top with l+p..... Therefore, you need to make sure you've get overything 'covered' so when you buff and finish you don't see the free edge. Does that make sense or have I mis-understood your issue?

Well is they are natural tips then you must have applied the white over the top with l+p..... Therefore, you need to make sure you've get overything 'covered' so when you buff and finish you don't see the free edge. Does that make sense or have I mis-understood your issue?

I didnt use white powder, i used a light pink on full nail, i know they look like a white tip but honest they are not lol

I didnt use white powder, i used a light pink on full nail, i know they look like a white tip but honest they are not lol

Sorry hun, it really looks like there is white on top of the tip!!

Sorry hun, it really looks like there is white on top of the tip!!

haha it ok i'll put another pic on and you might see on there. So i think i must have blended too much ;-/

Attachments

• IMG-20111218-00378.jpg
    IMG-20111218-00378.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 117

What if the client had no free edge?? Am i still able to use well less tips?

Latest posts

Back