La Brasiliana Prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeelieGel

Reaction score
Having read on here over the last few months about this product I purchased a starter pack from Salon Services for around £90 + VAT. Basically enough for two heads. I have just taken a booking for a client to have the treatment on Friday. So I look on their web site to find the very same starter kit is now £149 + VAT! This comes to almost £180! Does anyone know anywhere to buy it cheaper. And how can it have doubled in price in three months?

At the old price it worked out that each head cost around £50 and I could charge £100 (or a little more) for each head and cover my costs and my time. Now I am in a position of having to tell the client that is almost double what it cost last time!

Is this ridiculous price increase due to it becoming popular or is it because I picked it up a lot cheaper last time? I am so fed up with this. I have spent weeks selling this product to some of my clients and they are finally, having saved up, coming back to me to book it and I can't afford to do it for them.

Does anyone know where it can be purchased for less please.

You got it at an offer price. Just the lotion alone is 145 plus vat. It is not a cheap treatment and you should be charging about double what you said.

Thanks for the quick replay P.
I get what you are saying. But there are a couple of salons around here that are charging around £100 per head, or they were when I did my research back in July! Not sure where you get the price of £145 for the treatment alone though. The price at Salon Services is £145 + VAT for a starter pack of 1 bottle of treatment (apparently enough for two heads??!!) and a bottle of pre treatment cleanser, two bottles of after treatment shampoo, two bottles of after treatment conditioner, two bottles of define and shine. Little leaflets and a CD. Is your £145 for a larger bottle of treatment I am wondering?

I am so disappointed. I can't charge more than local salons so I will just have to cancel the client on Friday. Not something I can afford to do as a single unit hairdresser working on my own.

Sorry I am whinging I know, but I am so disappointed in not being able to offer this lovely treatment to my clients. I don't recall being told I was getting it on offer either, did anyone else manage to purchase at this price from Salon Services at this price back in July?

Having done more research I have found that at the price in Salon Services based on the 2 client starter pack it will cost me £87 per head.

On the other hand from Capital I am looking at £50 per head (including after treatment stuff). Down side is that I don't have that many clients that have this treatment done. It could sit in my stock cupboard for up to a year! I've only managed to sell it to two clients so far and am worried I will end up stuck with the stuff.

Any mobile hairdressers out there that want to share purchasing a pack with me? I'm based in Surrey but usually go to Capital in Farnborough.

PM me if interested.

Thanks for the quick replay P.
I get what you are saying. But there are a couple of salons around here that are charging around £100 per head, or they were when I did my research back in July! Not sure where you get the price of £145 for the treatment alone though. The price at Salon Services is £145 + VAT for a starter pack of 1 bottle of treatment (apparently enough for two heads??!!) and a bottle of pre treatment cleanser, two bottles of after treatment shampoo, two bottles of after treatment conditioner, two bottles of define and shine. Little leaflets and a CD. Is your £145 for a larger bottle of treatment I am wondering?

I am so disappointed. I can't charge more than local salons so I will just have to cancel the client on Friday. Not something I can afford to do as a single unit hairdresser working on my own.

Sorry I am whinging I know, but I am so disappointed in not being able to offer this lovely treatment to my clients. I don't recall being told I was getting it on offer either, did anyone else manage to purchase at this price from Salon Services at this price back in July?
Thats a large bottle Persianista is selling, you can easily get 10 heads out of that maybe more, are you selling the clients the aftercare as well?

I but small 100ml bottle from Superdrug and fill them up, give to the clients inc in price. I've learne tmy lesson about aftercare and have had to get client crappy Osmo sulphate and salt free shampoo, whcih is awful, therefore I ordered 5 bottles of shampoo and conditioner to have in stock to pass on to client.

As with your prices you need to charge accordingly, I charge £80 for short hair £100 for bob jaw length, then I'll add £10 as it get longer or thicker, the most expensive one I've done was £150 but that took me 4 hours, and I had to redo it. Don't price your self to low

:eek:

Having done more research I have found that at the price in Salon Services based on the 2 client starter pack it will cost me £87 per head.

On the other hand from Capital I am looking at £50 per head (including after treatment stuff). Down side is that I don't have that many clients that have this treatment done. It could sit in my stock cupboard for up to a year! I've only managed to sell it to two clients so far and am worried I will end up stuck with the stuff.

Any mobile hairdressers out there that want to share purchasing a pack with me? I'm based in Surrey but usually go to Capital in Farnborough.

PM me if interested.

Give it time, word will get round, I've got a website and am getting loads from it, maybe try putting something on freeindex or googlemaps.

thanks fusion. I charged my last clients £100 each to include the shampoo and conditioner. As I said before the whole pack cost me £94. So with each client taking me just under three hours I didn't feel that I was doing it that cheap really. 100% mark up covers my time I think. As I said before there is a salon near here that is charging from £100 per head and I don't have the overheads. My first client had just on the shoulder thick hair and the second a bit shorter but still very thick. I struggled to get two heads out of the bottle.

I don't think I'm underpricing really. I took about 3 hours but I am slow as I chat a bit. :rolleyes:

It is a bit of a learning curve though isn't it. No real technical knowledge but sectioning and drying, ironing skills are called for. The new thing for me is the scary pricing and the judging of the amounts of product to apply.

I so love the product though. I just wish I could get more clients to have it but most of mine are scared of the cost. I am sort of hoping that, like most new things, as it gets more popular and more widely available the cost of purchasing it might come down. I live in hope!!

By the way, does anyone know how many heads the Capital starter pack at £350 should do. I worked it out to around 7 heads based on 60 ml per head, but I may be way out there.

I purchased the treatment only the 500 ml bottle from capital £170 with vat as did nt feel the need to have all those other extra s that came with the starter pack. Had one client to start and felt a bit like you, wd i be left be a bottle going off in cupboard but its just about finished. I have been doing the treatments at a lower price but still in profit, while i got the hang of technique and all clients are hooked so will definately take off

Have so far 5 full heads and two half heads and at least one more application left in bottle. I then noticed salons offering treatment for
£99 but are different brands and after researching they come in 1000 ml bottles and work out alot less than la Bras so therfore still in good profit at that price. So im going to try one of those next . X

We use Kerastraight at my salon. It's still a brazilian blow dry treatment but it works out at half the price you are talking about. I do buy in bulk though and last time i bought some, it was buy one get one free on the retail stock.
We charge £150 for short hair, £200 for medium and £250 for long. This price doesn't include their shampoo and conditioner. It''s £15 each for these.

thanks for replies everyone. As usual, I was panicking. I went to Salon Services the next day and found that the 2 head starter pack was, indeed, just £77 plus VAT. However, I was convinced that there wasn't enough in the bottle that I had done my first client with for another client. On checking and knowing the second client's hair was shorter I decided that there was enough in the bottle for a second head. And there was :biggrin:

So all I needed to do was purchase was a new bottle of the after treatment shampoo and conditioner to supply to the client afterwards.

Salon Services don't sell the items separately. So I went to Capital. They are just blummin marvelous there. I went in and said I wanted the 250ml in the after treatment shampoo and conditioner. She told me that they only stock that on order and it would take a couple of weeks. I said that I had the client the next day. :irked:

She then went and took two bottles out of the starter pack they sell and sold me those separately. No matter she says I can just reorder and put them back in the starter box when it arrives. I can't praise the staff there enough. They are always so helpful. And its nice to know they don't sell to non professionals.

So in a matter of 24 hours I went from fretting over spending almost £190 to just spending £15. Result. I did my second client and she loved it. I love doing this service for clients that so clearly struggle with horrible hair. I also get them to come back for their first shampoo after the four days. Firstly to give me peace of mind and secondly to reinforce to them just how soft and lovely the hair is once the product has had its first wash. So gratifying to see the big grin on their faces when they leave.

I have been reading here where other people have said how difficult this process. I don't think it is difficult. But slow, careful sectioning and a good methodical way of going over the head is paramount. You just sort of zone in and get lost in the task. No walking away and waiting for development time etc. Just pure concentration of effort.

I just wish I had someone every day to have one.

thanks for replies everyone. As usual, I was panicking. I went to Salon Services the next day and found that the 2 head starter pack was, indeed, just £77 plus VAT. However, I was convinced that there wasn't enough in the bottle that I had done my first client with for another client. On checking and knowing the second client's hair was shorter I decided that there was enough in the bottle for a second head. And there was :biggrin:

So all I needed to do was purchase was a new bottle of the after treatment shampoo and conditioner to supply to the client afterwards.

Salon Services don't sell the items separately. So I went to Capital. They are just blummin marvelous there. I went in and said I wanted the 250ml in the after treatment shampoo and conditioner. She told me that they only stock that on order and it would take a couple of weeks. I said that I had the client the next day. :irked:

She then went and took two bottles out of the starter pack they sell and sold me those separately. No matter she says I can just reorder and put them back in the starter box when it arrives. I can't praise the staff there enough. They are always so helpful. And its nice to know they don't sell to non professionals.

So in a matter of 24 hours I went from fretting over spending almost £190 to just spending £15. Result. I did my second client and she loved it. I love doing this service for clients that so clearly struggle with horrible hair. I also get them to come back for their first shampoo after the four days. Firstly to give me peace of mind and secondly to reinforce to them just how soft and lovely the hair is once the product has had its first wash. So gratifying to see the big grin on their faces when they leave.

I have been reading here where other people have said how difficult this process. I don't think it is difficult. But slow, careful sectioning and a good methodical way of going over the head is paramount. You just sort of zone in and get lost in the task. No walking away and waiting for development time etc. Just pure concentration of effort.

I just wish I had someone every day to have one.

I asked the girls at Salon services (Sallys) to do that for me, take out of starter pack, but they wouldn't do it! I've always purchased my products from this from Capital since then, but unfortunately it has to be sent as not practical to drive to my closest one.

Thats a good idea about the first wash, think I might do that on local clients :hug:

Latest posts

Back