LA Tan going green

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joannedesouza41

Beleza beauty
Reaction score
Hi ladies, i tanned a client last night and she text about 3 hours later to say it was starting to go green. This is one of my regular clients, so she was very alarmed as this hasnt happened before.

I normally use Tan truth or trade tan and have had no problems! However, I've only just satarted using LA Tan (about 7 tans). The bottle CAN NOT be off, as i only opened it just over a week ago, kept in a cool place.

any idea's why this would have happened? It's put me right off using it!

Thanks

Joanne xxx

I wouldnt worry , it is probably due to the weather being so warm and humid, causing the skin to get hot and sticky, the color guide will react with this and go a green tinge, but she should be fine after she showers.

I had a client go green under their arms, they admitted to putting deodorant on just before the tan even though I have her a full pre treatment advise guide, some shower gels can react with the tan to so I always advise not to use any products the day of the tan for this exact reason.

A green tint is generally caused by the introduction of pollutants...moisture in air, contact with metal, perfumes etc

Whilst a scary look initially the actual tan generally turns out fine once the initial colour guide is removed in the shower

Although generally things turn out fine it is best to just replace it...its not good for your business to have customers initially panicking and or others seeing the jolly green giant look you give your customers :eek::wink2:

HTH

Latest posts

Back