LA Tan Pro Gun failure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joygirl

Reaction score
Hi all I bought a new machine and gun direct from LA Tan back in April and since then I have had no end of issues with this gun. I am at the point that I am having to prime the gun by putting warm water in the cup and running it through before use and this can take up to 30 minutes at worse until something starts to spray out it's getting beyond the joke. I called LA back in July and the lady I spoke to just didn't care no help what so ever. Most of my clients come to me so I can set up prior to their arrival I just don't understand why it does this. I run clean water through it after use I'm utterly dumbfounded what the real issue is has anyone bought this gun and had any issues with it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 20
I would suggest you learn how to take your gun apart for a thorough clean. Running water through is ok for a quick clean but it seem obvious to me that you have something blocking the gun and it needs to be taken apart and cleaned properly.

It doesn't matter what gun or machine you have you should always know the basics of how to take the gun apart and clean it and where to get spare parts for it if needed.

Looks the same as the Tanning Essentials Mini unit.
This being the case;
Unscrew the adjuster valve from the rear of the gun until it comes off completely. After this should be a spring and if you pull the trigger you should be able to see the needle which you can pull out.
Give it a wipe as there may be build up of solution or possibly some corrosion (if there is scour away with green side of washing up sponge and lube up with small amount of vaseline / mechanical oil of sorts - for now - the needle will need replacing if corroded).
Re-insert and adjust back to a fine setting.

If this doesn't work I would suggest getting in touch with the manufacturer as it may be the motor pressure.

Hope this helps Joygirl :)

When it first started doing that I took it apart cleaned it made no difference and to make things worse it comes with no real instructions I just know how to take apart my ts20 gun. I've since contacted LA Tan and they sent a new gun which I've received today again no instructions

That is a shame - Have they done any trouble shooting over the phone with you? They must be familiar with the gun/ unit.
Did they give you a reason for the issue or just offer replacement?
At least you now have a replacement (fingers crossed it was a faulty applicator). :rolleyes:

No explanation given no troubleshooting they agreed to replace it so I'm pleased and cannot grumble. I've tried looking online and even tutorials on how to use it I've found nothing so it's guess work. If I hadn't operated a spray gun before I would have been in despair

No explanation given no troubleshooting they agreed to replace it so I'm pleased and cannot grumble. I've tried looking online and even tutorials on how to use it I've found nothing so it's guess work. If I hadn't operated a spray gun before I would have been in despair
I actually think it's a good thing that you need to have been trained and operated a gun previously to be able to work the gun and don't feel there should be instruction on how to use it in there. If you've trained then you know what to do, as for taking the gun apart there is usually an online tutorial or instruction manual (& if not then I'd get in touch with the manufacturer direct and ask them for one).

Oh god on my training I wasn't trained how to take my gun apart but it has always worked ok? I've had it a few years but I'm now worried do they need taking apart and cleaning ?

Oh god on my training I wasn't trained how to take my gun apart but it has always worked ok? I've had it a few years but I'm now worried do they need taking apart and cleaning ?
It doesn't need to be taken apart every time you clean it but to ensure there is no erosion and the gun performs at it's best you should be maintaining it by taking it apart and cleaning it thoroughly every now and again depending on how busy you are with tanning. You should know how ta take it apart and where to get replacement parts if they are needed. For example most guns have a rubber pick up tube (suck the solution out of the cup) these can degrade and need replacing along with rubber washers, these are cheap parts & easy enough to change but could stop your gun from working making you go out and buy a whole new gun or machine because you haven't maintained the parts & are unaware of what's happened.

Latest posts

Back