LA Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautygeek_11

Reaction score
I recently purchased la tan and have tried a few shades and have been very happy. 10% gold & 12% brown.

im interested in anyone who has used the fast tan or the new 10% cocktail to see how they compare to the above shades.

thanks for your help x

I use LA and have done for about two years. My clients love it. 12% is my most popular, infact its the only one i buy now. Have'nt used the others so can't comment.x

I use 10% brown, 12% brown, Disco (14% Brown) and FAST.
My most popular at the minute is FAST. Fast is great for so many different clients, I use it for those wanting a light tan, a nice colour natural tan or a darker natural tan and those wanting to wash off quickly to go about their busy lives while the tan develops. My most popular used to be 12% but FAST has recently taken over as there are pale people wanting a bit of natural looking colour now the sun is out.
I don't use the gold range as my clients didn't want them, they preferred the brown range and then came FAST. Lots of my clients stuck with the brown range but a few have moved over to FAST even though it is more of a golden tan.

Tanning seems to differ across the country though with some places wanting natural tans while others want as dark as possible and others wanting to be as fake and orange as they can possibly be. You need to work out what the clients around you will want and then supply the best you can at the price you feel is suitable for you.
Some people want to offer cheap and cheerful tans, others want to supply the best quality tan at a high price and other want to be the middle ground offering decent quality and a decent price. Each of those will require different brands and different solutions from within each brand. Only you can decide what you want to offer & if it will work in your area or not. Get sample sizes of the solutions you want to try (LA will send you samples if you email them asking ;)) then decide for yourself if it will work for you and your clients. What my clients love, yours may hate. :)

I recently purchased la tan and have tried a few shades and have been very happy. 10% gold & 12% brown.

im interested in anyone who has used the fast tan or the new 10% cocktail to see how they compare to the above shades.

thanks for your help x
Fast tan is amazing. When I have finished my 8&10 I will only buy the fast tan. Suits everyone. I've slept in it still and it's amazing.

I've tried LA Tan this week for the first time. I used the fast tan and 10% brown which I preferred. I'm really impressed with the application and colour of it. There was a slight smell but it's such good value I think I'm going to stock it. I was swaying towards nouvatan but now think I've changed my mind!

I've just bought the kit through a Facebook offer and can't wait to get started (I'm new to tanning) Are there any tips you can share with me? I'm using a dynatec machine. x

Fast tan is amazing. When I have finished my 8&10 I will only buy the fast tan. Suits everyone. I've slept in it still and it's amazing.
how dark would you describe it?

I use 10% brown, 12% brown, Disco (14% Brown) and FAST.
My most popular at the minute is FAST. Fast is great for so many different clients, I use it for those wanting a light tan, a nice colour natural tan or a darker natural tan and those wanting to wash off quickly to go about their busy lives while the tan develops. My most popular used to be 12% but FAST has recently taken over as there are pale people wanting a bit of natural looking colour now the sun is out.
I don't use the gold range as my clients didn't want them, they preferred the brown range and then came FAST. Lots of my clients stuck with the brown range but a few have moved over to FAST even though it is more of a golden tan.

Tanning seems to differ across the country though with some places wanting natural tans while others want as dark as possible and others wanting to be as fake and orange as they can possibly be. You need to work out what the clients around you will want and then supply the best you can at the price you feel is suitable for you.
Some people want to offer cheap and cheerful tans, others want to supply the best quality tan at a high price and other want to be the middle ground offering decent quality and a decent price. Each of those will require different brands and different solutions from within each brand. Only you can decide what you want to offer & if it will work in your area or not. Get sample sizes of the solutions you want to try (LA will send you samples if you email them asking ;)) then decide for yourself if it will work for you and your clients. What my clients love, yours may hate. :)

Hi baggybear, a quick question! I know you shower the fast tan off but as it still develops to maximum potential will you still see this on your bed sheets? (One of my pet hates about tanning and going to bed)

X em

Hi baggybear, a quick question! I know you shower the fast tan off but as it still develops to maximum potential will you still see this on your bed sheets? (One of my pet hates about tanning and going to bed)

X em
I use la tan too I now only stock fast tan as my clients love it!! As long as the guide is washed off correctly there is no transfer to sheets etc

I use la tan too I now only stock fast tan as my clients love it!! As long as the guide is washed off correctly there is no transfer to sheets etc
Thank you I was hoping that was the case .. I'm waiting on a sample :)

Sorry I've not been online lately, but as harlsdiesel said no there is nothing to transfer to your bedding if you wash off properly (but carefully).

No worries, can I ask when you say wash of properly is this just a good water rinse or would you advise soaping up? I haven't received sample yet so haven't tested it out .. Thanks for the help girls x

Personally I just use water for my first shower then when the full colour has developed and I'm having my second shower I use shower gel and make sure to remove any guide colour that might still be left on me. If you want to use soap in your first shower then I would say to make sure it is a simple one with nothing in it that might affect the development of the tan. None of my clients have mentioned any trouble washing off with soap/shower gel but I always want to be careful with my tan as I don't get them done unless I have plans and I very rarely allow myself enough time to have a second tan done lol.

Personally I just use water for my first shower then when the full colour has developed and I'm having my second shower I use shower gel and make sure to remove any guide colour that might still be left on me. If you want to use soap in your first shower then I would say to make sure it is a simple one with nothing in it that might affect the development of the tan. None of my clients have mentioned any trouble washing off with soap/shower gel but I always want to be careful with my tan as I don't get them done unless I have plans and I very rarely allow myself enough time to have a second tan done lol.
Yes I personally just rinse with water on myself but would like the feedback from experienced technicians ... Thanks baggybear

Latest posts

Back