LA Weave placement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I was taught (apart from being taught I shouldn't put the needle through the weft, but i've been told since that you should always put the needle through the weft), so put the needle through the weft, then put the needle through the first section (above the microbead).

Now take the needle through the loop (that you make with your fingers by parting the 2 ends of the thread which you knotted to keep the thread on the needle. Does this make sense?

Do you know how to knot the thread to secure the weft onto the first loop/microbead? whatever you want to call it.

When putting the needle through the first section take the needle upward, behind the section.

The way I was taught (apart from being taught I shouldn't put the needle through the weft, but i've been told since that you should always put the needle through the weft), so put the needle through the weft, then put the needle through the first section (above the microbead).

Now take the needle through the loop (that you make with your fingers by parting the 2 ends of the thread which you knotted to keep the thread on the needle. Does this make sense?

Do you know how to knot the thread to secure the weft onto the first loop/microbead? whatever you want to call it.

Thanks Allan - All of this advice is really helping! Yeah I know how to knot the end properly, I'm ok with that bit. If I upload a little video on how I start it off maybe you guys can tell me where I'm going wrong? x

Thanks Allan - All of this advice is really helping! Yeah I know how to knot the end properly, I'm ok with that bit. If I upload a little video on how I start it off maybe you guys can tell me where I'm going wrong? x
I'll happily watch a video and try to help you out [emoji5]️ xx

Hey hun, when I first started doing the LA Weave it took some getting used to.
Once I have measured the length of the weft that I need, I thread my needle through a few milometers away from the end of the weft. This is the only time I go through the weft. I then secure the weft in place on the clients head with clips so that is doesn't move around whilst im weaving it in. I then thread the needle under the first bead and up out of the other side until it can go no further. You then do the same thing again, but this time thread your needle through the extension hair then up under the same first bead until it comes out the other side. Do this slowly and you will notice that this creates a loop in the thread. Thread your needle through the loop and pull tight to secure the weft. On the first bead and the last bead you will need to do this a number of times until you are happy that the ends are secure and wont come loose. I tend to go over them anywhere between 4 and 8 times. I then thread my needle through the stitching and create another loop in the thread which again I thread through to create a super secure fitting on the ends before moving onto the next bead. For the beads in between you just need to continue going through the extension hair and up under the beads out the other side, thread through the loop and pull tight to secure then move onto the next bead. Hope that makes sense xxx

Hey hun, when I first started doing the LA Weave it took some getting used to.
Once I have measured the length of the weft that I need, I thread my needle through a few milometers away from the end of the weft. This is the only time I go through the weft. I then secure the weft in place on the clients head with clips so that is doesn't move around whilst im weaving it in. I then thread the needle under the first bead and up out of the other side until it can go no further. You then do the same thing again, but this time thread your needle through the extension hair then up under the same first bead until it comes out the other side. Do this slowly and you will notice that this creates a loop in the thread. Thread your needle through the loop and pull tight to secure the weft. On the first bead and the last bead you will need to do this a number of times until you are happy that the ends are secure and wont come loose. I tend to go over them anywhere between 4 and 8 times. I then thread my needle through the stitching and create another loop in the thread which again I thread through to create a super secure fitting on the ends before moving onto the next bead. For the beads in between you just need to continue going through the extension hair and up under the beads out the other side, thread through the loop and pull tight to secure then move onto the next bead. Hope that makes sense xxx
That is so helpful thankyou! I've been getting lots of practice in on my dolls head but I also did an actual client yesterday (my sister!) ... she's more forgiving haha so will see how that turns out. I did'nt think to clip down the weft to keep it in place - that makes perfect sense and will be alot easier, sometimes I feel all fingers and thumbs! I haven't been stitching multiple times on the first and last weft either, just once or twice so Ill try that net time also. Thanks for your advice!! xx

Does anyone else find when doubling or tripling the weft sticks out on the end? Or am i not placing it right?

Does anyone else find when doubling or tripling the weft sticks out on the end? Or am i not placing it right?
It should still lie flat. Make sure to stitch over the ends nice and flat and smooth with plenty of stitches. Also by making sure that you aren't folding the weft helps

It should still lie flat. Make sure to stitch over the ends nice and flat and smooth with plenty of stitches. Also by making sure that you aren't folding the weft helps
Thanks shinead, i don't think i'm stitching it enough, i'll give it a go

Latest posts

Back