LA Weave placement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had a couple of ladies, who like to tie their hair up a lot comment on being able to see the weave when they tie their hair up.

I have attached an image to show where I would place the LA weave if doing three rows. I usually go about an inch away from the hair line at the neck, ground the face, maybe a little less than an inch if the weave is above the ears.

Any advice appreciated. x

La Weave Placement.JPG

I need this info too [emoji5]️

Yeah the method i use would work for this!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464899546.439052.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464899646.742284.jpg

The curved rows allow for a much more natural flow as they go in the same direction as the hair grow. Putting them up is much easier for the client too cause they follow the shape of the head.

You can also for more hair in as rows are longer!

Yeah the method i use would work for this! View attachment 197841View attachment 197842

The curved rows allow for a much more natural flow as they go in the same direction as the hair grow. Putting them up is much easier for the client too cause they follow the shape of the head.

How many rows would you do with the concave pattern please? X

How many rows would you do with the concave pattern please? X

It depends on the size of the head, I can generally fit in about 4. Change the angle with each row so your top row is straight

Last edited:
Yeah the method i use would work for this! View attachment 197841View attachment 197842

How far away from the actual hair line do you start?

It depends on the size of the head, I can generally fit in about 4. Change the angle wit each row so your too row is straight

Ok lovely thank you. Will have a practise on dolly before I try it on a client.

Ok lovely thank you. Will have a practise on dolly before I try it on a client.
This is so helpful. The wefts on the doll photo - are they doubled over to make them thicker or is it just a single weft? Xx

This is so helpful. The wefts on the doll photo - are they doubled over to make them thicker or is it just a single weft? Xx

Yeah doubled!

Cas can you double with a micro weft ? Or would it be too much stress on the hair ? [emoji8]

Yeah you can double with microweft x

Yeah doubled!

Cassie you seem like you know your stuff! Im just recently out of training and struggling a bit.
It's just when i come to do the first stitch on the weft. So I've put the beads in, measured the weft, stitched the two together - but then the next bit is were i get stuck - making the first stitch.

My manual says the following :

"Lay the wefted hair against the foundation, feed the needle through both of the wefted hair in the corner then underneath the first ring. Pull needle and thread through and loop each stitch. The next stitch goes under the wefted hair (not through) the same stitch should be looped then move across to the next ring. Repeat same technique until the end of the row"
I'm confused - so on the first bead I go through the weft not under yeah? Is this where I'm going wrong? Thanks!

Cassie you seem like you know your stuff! Im just recently out of training and struggling a bit.
It's just when i come to do the first stitch on the weft. So I've put the beads in, measured the weft, stitched the two together - but then the next bit is were i get stuck - making the first stitch.

My manual says the following :

"Lay the wefted hair against the foundation, feed the needle through both of the wefted hair in the corner then underneath the first ring. Pull needle and thread through and loop each stitch. The next stitch goes under the wefted hair (not through) the same stitch should be looped then move across to the next ring. Repeat same technique until the end of the row"
I'm confused - so on the first bead I go through the weft not under yeah? Is this where I'm going wrong? Thanks!

watch this video

watch this video

Thanks I saw this video on youtube too but I couldnt see how she started the weft - whether she does through the actual weft on the first bead? Hope i'm making sense!

watch this video

Thanks I saw this video on youtube too but I couldnt see how she started the weft - whether she does through the actual weft on the first bead? Hope i'm making sense!

You should always go through the weft when you first start it off. You may have the tug abit to get it through as can be quite tough depending whether you've double, tripled or quad the weft. On the next stitch, you then go under the weft (so through the loose hair part) up under the bead and come back through the sectioned part of hair and then loop and tighten. Then move onto the next. Remember also to match your stitches to how thick the weft is.... Single weft - 1 stitch, double - 2, triple - 3, quad - 4
I myself go through the weft at the end of the track aswell and then knot 3 times but that's just something I've picked up from experience to secure it more, you don't have to.

Latest posts

Back