LA Weave questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extensionista

Reaction score
Hey so LA weave is now my second most popular method after micro rings, it's over taken pre bonded. Anyway I was chatting to another girl today who does them and there's a few things we do differently just wondered what others do.

Do you take square or triangular sections?

Do you leave any space between sections or just place rings side by side

Do you sort of cross two sections together so you have two small sections crossing over through the same ring (hope that makes sense) or just one bit of hair in each ring?

How many grams of weft roughly do you use for a full head?

I take small sections side my side, no space between, I double the rings at the ends and I only put one small section of hair through each ring clamp them all then sew.

When I learnt it at my course it was all very rushed through but even though I got my certificate I've learnt 90% through my own research and (touch wood) have never had any complaints but I'm always willing to learn anything that can make my technique even better xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was taught same as you. Small sections side by side, two rings and sow the weft on to these.

I see others that don't sow the weft on to the rings instead taking some weft hair and clients hair and pulling it through the ring... Too fiddly for me.

La weave is done using rectangular (not small) sections side by side. One ring, no crossing over. And the weave is sewn on top. I was taught by the chap who made it up/trademarked it.
Must say I love it, very very secure when done correctly xxx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I was taught same as you. Small sections side by side, two rings and sow the weft on to these.

I see others that don't sow the weft on to the rings instead taking some weft hair and clients hair and pulling it through the ring... Too fiddly for me.

That version you see others doing with weave hair and natural hair is a micro ring weave, not LA weave. Good old false advertising at its best!! Xxx

I use the method of only using the clients hair and rings to secure the weft. I have thought of trying the other methods but this one works for me. I'd like to come up with a new way to do it as I don't like the idea of sewing 🙈

Hey so LA weave is now my second most popular method after micro rings, it's over taken pre bonded. Anyway I was chatting to another girl today who does them and there's a few things we do differently just wondered what others do.

Do you take square or triangular sections?

Do you leave any space between sections or just place rings side by side

Do you sort of cross two sections together so you have two small sections crossing over through the same ring (hope that makes sense) or just one bit of hair in each ring?

How many grams of weft roughly do you use for a full head?

I take small sections side my side, no space between, I double the rings at the ends and I only put one small section of hair through each ring clamp them all then sew.

When I learnt it at my course it was all very rushed through but even though I got my certificate I've learnt 90% through my own research and (touch wood) have never had any complaints but I'm always willing to learn anything that can make my technique even better xxx

I know what your talking about crossing them over threw one ring in going to try this method this week as I feel it will be a lot more secure than the la weave I'll take pics and post them doing it Wednesday so let you know how I get on x

I think the LA weave is by far the most secure of the weave methods I do, I love it lol I do however do a micro ring weave generally the same way as charjem now though 😀 xxx

I know what your talking about crossing them over threw one ring in going to try this method this week as I feel it will be a lot more secure than the la weave I'll take pics and post them doing it Wednesday so let you know how I get on x

I have two full heads on Friday so yes please post and let us know how you get on xx

I have two full heads on Friday so yes please post and let us know how you get on xx

Hi done one today ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1423593883.326594.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1423593900.739510.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1423593925.531938.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1423593942.173679.jpg

Just watch you don't get tension spots doing it this way. It's not an LA weave technique, but a sewn in micro weave or similar x

No not to much longer was about 2 hours all in x

The plus is the girl work with me so I can keep a check on it x

Latest posts

Back