Lamp broke half way through doing a client's nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

char1112

Reaction score
I'm so annoyed, my gelish lamp broke half way through a pamper party nails I was doing, I hadn't even done one client!!!

Luckily I have a friend with an old gelish uv lamp she doesn't use but I'm having a meltdown here! I'm going to have to keep lending hers because I can't afford a new lamp this close to Christmas :(

How did it brake what happened :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Contact Harmony and see if it can be repaired. They were fantastic when I had a problem with mine.

Is it still within warranty?
Id Call anyway, they will do their best to help you xx

It's not within warranty because I bought it off a beauty therapist who was packing up :( it just stopped working, didn't make any noise, I pressed the button and the light just didn't go on! Having such a panick attack now I'm scared it'll happen again and I'll just be left looking like an idiot!

Call them and see what they say - you've got nothing to lose.

Will they be open on a Saturday? I wouldn't be able to go to Sally's about this would I, it'd have to be Harmony itself?

I'm so annoyed, my gelish lamp broke half way through a pamper party nails I was doing, I hadn't even done one client!!!

Luckily I have a friend with an old gelish uv lamp she doesn't use but I'm having a meltdown here! I'm going to have to keep lending hers because I can't afford a new lamp this close to Christmas :(
Hi I'm starting Jessica gel ... Do u no what the best led lamp to use

Hi I'm starting Jessica gel ... Do u no what the best led lamp to use

The Geleration LED lamp..always use the lamp recommended by the manufacturer xx

I always wonder when I see posts like this .... What do you ladies who complain of no money, do with the money you make in your business??

Nail technicians make cash ... We are cash rich ... A large proportion of that cash should be put aside for your business purposes. Christmas expenses shouldn't affect your business needs. One reason businesses go down is when you take more out than you put back in.

You need to buy a new lamp or there won't be any cash to do anything.

For the first couple of years of building my business, 90% of the money I made went back into the business (on necessary core products, not silly stuff). Only when I got to a stage where I made more than a certain amount per week, did I begin to pay myself.

Your business should never run short ... Or you will soon not have a business.

Last edited:
I've only really started getting clients outside of family and friends in the past two months so all of my money from services is going on more products and I've booked for some more training this year. My sisters an accountant so I know full well to keep my business money and my personal money seperate, I'm just having a large outflow because I'm just starting up, that's why I opted for a second hand lamp rather than a brand new one (obviously should have saved on buying a few colours and got a brand new lamp) I wasn't able to get a business loan so everything's out of my own pocket at the moment. THATS why I don't have money.

I know you must see this a lot geeg but please don't assume everyone takes money out of their business for personal use. I know how the tax man would have me for every penny I'm worth if I did that.

I've only really started getting clients outside of family and friends in the past two months so all of my money from services is going on more products and I've booked for some more training this year. My sisters an accountant so I know full well to keep my business money and my personal money seperate, I'm just having a large outflow because I'm just starting up, that's why I opted for a second hand lamp rather than a brand new one (obviously should have saved on buying a few colours and got a brand new lamp) I wasn't able to get a business loan so everything's out of my own pocket at the moment. THATS why I don't have money.

I know you must see this a lot geeg but please don't assume everyone takes money out of their business for personal use. I know how the tax man would have me for every penny I'm worth if I did that.

You are the one who mentioned Christmas as a factor not me. Christmas should not be a drain factor in your business.
As your products should only account for about 13% of you business expense then you should not have to be borrowing someone else's lamp to conduct your business. Buy the things you need and there should not be any problem in doing that.

You make money so you should have money to spend on the things you need. Your sister being an accountant is an advantage only if you spend according to her recommendations.

Last edited:
Have you checked your plug fuse? :)

Latest posts

Back