Landlord help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelLynch

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this but need some advise desperately.

I've been having problems with my landlord lately, I have been her 3 years and have paid my rent every month on time for 2 years and 10 months, my partner lost his job before Christmas and with me been self employed and not earning loads we have had to claim housing benefits.
The landlord was told this and signed his part of the form.

We received a letter saying we are entitled to the housing benefits but its come back the landlord doesn't own the land.
I've given the landlord the letter and told him to sort it to get his rent.

I then received a letter 3 weeks ago saying he was kicking us out and will change locks on the Friday, on the Friday he buggered of and hasn't been here all week.

I received a letter on Monday of a solicitors saying we need to be out by tomorrow.

Now I've been told this is all not legal and he needs to go through the courts to evict us.

I'm also upset and angry because he's wrote on the letter he is going to report us to RSPCA for neglect of my dog, when my partner is in everyday with him and he is not left on his own for 15 hours everyday!

I'm just wondering if anyone can help, do I need to be out by tomorrow or shall I just wait if out?

Thank you xxxx

He needs a court order to evict you, which is a long process. You need to seek advice from citizens advice, or a local community law centre.

He needs a court order to seek possession back of the property and had to file for eviction this takes months! It's a very lengthy and expensive process.

He is using frightening techniques as he knows the above.

I would be inclined to check the validity of the solicitors as I can not see any legit solicitor would write a letter instructing you to leave knowing the process that had to be followed. If they are a legit solicitors I would report them for it.

Do not leave you have rights, although if it was me if start looking to live elsewhere as I'd not want to deal with a corrupt landlord xx

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it.

Your landlord is acting unlawfully if he hasn't obtained a court order to evict you and harassment like this is a criminal offence.

Seek advice from your local free advice centre ASAP.

If he turns up and tries to evict you, phone the police.

Latest posts

Back