Laser hair removal equipment opinions needed.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richtraff

Reaction score
I'm in the process of choosing a laser hair removal machine to expand my business. I've broken down what I want to just a handful of makes and models. I've heard what the sales reps have to say but now I'd like some feedback from actual operators of the equipment.
If you have used any of the machines listed below, could you please let me know what your opinions are of the overall efficacy, reliability and customer support.

Lynton/Quanta light series A*
Candela Gentlelase
Alma Soprano XL/ XLi
Lumines LightSheer/ LightSheer Duet

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Hi Rich,

I'd probably go for IPL rather than a laser machine. In my experience IPL is faster and more effective. It's also painless which is a great bonus!

I've used the Optima 518 Classic machine and in 5 years I've never had any problems with it.

Sxx

Ive worked with 3 of the 4 you speak of Rich; Candela gentle lase , soprano Alma and also the Lumenis Lightsheer,
Im my own experience results wise the candela wins hands down, also from a technicians point of view...its faster, more efficient, no rsi risk etc unlike the soprano
however the cost of maintenance on the candela appears to be higher, HOWever, we also have ahigher turnaround in the clinics which use candea due to its speed asopposed to some of the clinics which use the diode...
Hope that helps

Last edited:
I'm in the process of choosing a laser hair removal machine to expand my business. I've broken down what I want to just a handful of makes and models. I've heard what the sales reps have to say but now I'd like some feedback from actual operators of the equipment.
If you have used any of the machines listed below, could you please let me know what your opinions are of the overall efficacy, reliability and customer support.

Lynton/Quanta light series A*
Candela Gentlelase
Alma Soprano XL/ XLi
Lumines LightSheer/ LightSheer Duet

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Hi Rich, Ive worked with a fair few. I would say lynton lasers are first class with support and service. I worked with the luminette advance and 80% satisfied but want to change and its down to two now......Ellipse or Lynton lumina. Also i find IPL more effective than lasers and gives the operatoor more flexibility.....

If it's laser hair only as stated in your q then I'd suggest laser ad opposed to Ipl but as cinfused bunny says Ipl offers more flexibility , with regards to speed, lasers win hands down in all of my experience but that's just me

Thanks for your input everyone. Much appreciated! If anybody else has more info to share please do so.
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back