Lash and Brow Tint help needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Dont shoot me as I have spent a long time reading through posts but cant find what I really need. I currently us a salon systems brow and lash tinting kit and I would like to go on to a bigger better one as I dont think Im entirely happy with it.

I have come across Refectocil and Hairwell tints in posts on here. Does anyone have a massive preference and if so why?

Also if Im investing in a better kit what are the colours I should be looking for, I only have Brown, Grey, black and Blue/Black in mine. Do I need more than than? The brown is quite dark and I have read they do a lighter brown. I have a few blonde ladies wanting them tinted and I think this brown would be too dark, please advise as I have seen that you can mix them yet I have NEVER been taught this.

Anyone advise on mixing colours and what hair for? Please help me out.

Thankyou to anyone who takes the time to reply :)

Hi hun, I've just started using refectocil in black, just to try it and I'm impressed. I've read in other posts that the darker brown is very dark and the lighter brown is quite warm, but can be made more ashy by mixing a quarter grey tint with it, say for a very blonde client.

I've always had brown, black and blue-black tint in stock and have used all of them regularly. I have started mixing grey with them after reading about it on here as I wasn't taught how to either.

I'm sure someone who uses refectocil all the time will be along to help out soon xo

I swear by refectocil. I know they have a lightener in the products to, say If a blonde wanted to match her eyebrows... Also there is a caramel I'm pretty sure, but you may find if the brown is too dark, don't leave it on for as long. Hope that helps, from what I have found refectocil seems pretty common also, try searching the forums for that and see what comes up and make sure you add posts to your search criteria to get a better result.

Hi Geeks

Dont shoot me as I have spent a long time reading through posts but cant find what I really need. I currently us a salon systems brow and lash tinting kit and I would like to go on to a bigger better one as I dont think Im entirely happy with it.

I have come across Refectocil and Hairwell tints in posts on here. Does anyone have a massive preference and if so why?

Also if Im investing in a better kit what are the colours I should be looking for, I only have Brown, Grey, black and Blue/Black in mine. Do I need more than than? The brown is quite dark and I have read they do a lighter brown. I have a few blonde ladies wanting them tinted and I think this brown would be too dark, please advise as I have seen that you can mix them yet I have NEVER been taught this.

Anyone advise on mixing colours and what hair for? Please help me out.

Thankyou to anyone who takes the time to reply :)

I use Refectocil and have the whole range including the lightener, blue, chestnut and red, but you will probably only really need the grey, black, light brown, natural brown and blue/black

I often use grey on blonde eye brows as it make them a darker blonde and still very natural.

You can mix grey in with brown to make the brown less intense.

You can add black to brown to make it darker.

Grey is a good colour to add to other colours to reduce the intensity.

I've never used Hairwell but Refectocil is very popular with the geeks on this site.

Hope this helps

Jacqui xx

Thanks very much ladies.

Is there a best place for me to purchase these from? Can I buy them as a kit rather than individually as thats all I seem to have found so far.

Thankyou for replying :)

Hi Zoe,
This is the refectocil station i have(and love)...
It has everything you need, all colurs, both activators, application brushes and sticks, tint remover, mixing dish and eye cream...
Hopefully you will be able to get the same where you are...
Good luck
P.s sorry for the blurry image...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329557749.645539.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329557749.645539.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 405
Cocopop, can I ask you where did u buy it? Looks very good.

July

Thankyou Hun, as above could you maybe let us know where you have bought this from?

Thankyou :)

Just seen youre in Oz, so maybe this isnt available over here in the UK?

Also Ive seen that its banned in the Us and Canada? Concerning. I need a decent brand with a good range of colours, any advice? lots of talk about Thuya but doesnt seem to be many colours!?

Last edited:
I use Hairwell and am happy with it have never used the refectocil tho I would like to aswell, the main reason I started using Hairwell was because I found out it was used in HD Brows, and as soon as I tell potential clients this they are imediately more interested. x

oooo i would love to know where cocopops got her display stand from, looks nice.

I got my station from my local beauty wholesalers... Same place i get my individual tints...
I love it, it keeps everything handy and tidy...
Hopefully you will be able to find the same thing...

Is that Sallys or Capital?

Latest posts

Back