Lash extension help - explaining to customer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cotton

Reaction score
i have regular lash extension clients who come back to me every few weeks for infills so I know my lashes last etc however this week I had a young girl come to me for lashes and however much I explained to her about how lashes work and how they need infilling to maiming a full look it seemed it just wasn't going in.... she was saying her mum wasn't happy about them falling off with her lashes so she needed to book in for a few weeks to have them removed and I explained the lashes drop off with your lashes that will naturally shed at the time, they're not damaging but if she wanted the rest removed in a few weeks rather than infilled that would be fine.

However today I've received a message saying some of her lashes were coming out and that it's only been a week, I explained that as I had explained your lashes do drop out which is normal and the few she's lost on the outer corner is probably due to how she sleeps but she's still adamant she wants me to fill them this week but not as an infill but for free because it hasn't been too long.

How would you deal with this customer? I've asked to be sent a picture just in case an abnormal amount have fallen out for whatever reason but if it's as I presume it will be, just a weeks normal shed how can I explain to her this is normal when I've already explained it all. I feel that some people see social media images of lashes newly done and expect theirs to look like that for the whole 2/3 weeks.

Any advice appreciated

When I was first going to get lash extensions, I watched lots of YouTube videos where people film their eyelash extension experience. They show the first day they get them, then they make weekly updates showing the shedding process, until they get infills.

This helped me to visually get an idea of what was normal / what shedding I should expect / double checking how I should be caring for them, and it really clarified my understanding.

Maybe find one of them videos and send it to her so she can actually see the process to maybe understand better? It'll show her that it's normal for everyone who gets them to lose lashes between infill appointments.

Latest posts

Back