Lash extension regulars getting sore eyes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat-Nat

Reaction score
Hi lashers, I've had 2 girls who have been regular lash clients for a year now say last time they had their lashes done they had sore eyes! One saying they had itchy eyelids and were a little inflamed and they other saying they were bloodshot and a little sore. Any idea what this could be? They both work together and a girl they work with was an old lash client who developed a reaction to glue after 8 months so I don't know if they are all worrying or if its something I've done? I've not changed anything I use and I have other clients who are fine but this is really knocking my confidence!!! :(

Hi lashers, I've had 2 girls who have been regular lash clients for a year now say last time they had their lashes done they had sore eyes! One saying they had itchy eyelids and were a little inflamed and they other saying they were bloodshot and a little sore. Any idea what this could be? They both work together and a girl they work with was an old lash client who developed a reaction to glue after 8 months so I don't know if they are all worrying or if its something I've done? I've not changed anything I use and I have other clients who are fine but this is really knocking my confidence!!! :(

I went on a course last year, and she said new recommendations said to patch test every client every 12 weeks as there skin/eyes etc can build up a reaction to products ur using, it may not b the case with ur clients just an idea, mayb there using different face creams? Xx

Oh really? But if they're regulars like these are getting their lashes in filled every 3 weeks I can't see what a 12 week patch test would achieve?

I can tell you exactly! you need to research Blehfaritis, its an eye conditon that comes from not keeping your lashline clean ( eyelash extension clients are very prone to it , from thinking its best to not aggrivate extensions), its a build up of dead dandruff like flakes that stop regrowth as well as cause inflammation and itchyness, a real nightmare ! lash artists please read up and learn about this and teach your clients about proper hygiene, it important for both your clients health and health of your business! hope this helps

Latest posts

Back