Lash extensions - where am I going wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellishbellish

Reaction score
I have been doing lash extensions on and off for 2 years, and am coming up against a recurring problem and I don't know properly what I am doing wrong. I apply the lashes and they look amazing when they have their eyes closed, yet when they open them they are not very obvious all the time (even when I have put a lot on!!) and I am wondering what I am doing wrong. It doesn't happen all the time but I am despairing as I am not coming out with sets like some of the guys on this site. No one has ever complained, it is just me, and I want to be creating sets like those in the show us your lashes thread!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Do you have any pics for us? What size/s and curl are you mainly using? xx

I am having the exact same problem! I will be watching this post!
xx

On behalf of us both...anyone?!

How many lashes are you using on each eye? Make sure you are putting plenty of short ones in between the longer ones to really fill them out. I tend to apply around 80 per eye for a good full look, hth :)

Do you have any pics for us? What size/s and curl are you mainly using? xx

I tend to use a b curl for most sets, sometimes a b and c curl. When they come in for a patch test I check what lengths and thicknesses are right for them so they don't droop or anything and make a note for the treatment. I will try to put some photos together :)

How many lashes are you using on each eye? Make sure you are putting plenty of short ones in between the longer ones to really fill them out. I tend to apply around 80 per eye for a good full look, hth :)

It's bad but I don't really count how many I put on - I make a frame with thicker lashes and fill with finer ones, so I end up putting more finer ones on, maybe I am just not putting enough on though like you say. Thanks for all the replies :)

Does this happen to the same client each time? Or has it happened to different clients on several ocassions

Try using .15 lashes, I find .20 and above often too heavy for most natural lashes and could be weighing them down making them less visible head on. And also c curl is fab, I rarely use b curl and never j.

And as said before fill with shorter lashes inbetween for thickness but definitely try a less heavy lash and c curl and see how you get on x

Latest posts

Back