Lash lift and tint disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I have had a new Lash Lift client this evening. She booked in with me to do a bit of a correction.

She had numerous lash Lifts done in the past by another therapist with no problems at all. She then let a friends sister do them in June after the treatment she noticed that the lashes on her left eye were crossed over a bit and was told that they would be fine after a while and drop! (Clearly not right) they got worse after and they became more crossed over etc.

When this lady contacted me and showed me pictures and explained the situation I suggested that her friends sister may have not separated the lashes onto the shield correctly and overlapped them and then set them in that position.

So she has come tonight had the lash lift done and they looked great when she left, lifted well and were nice and tanned out no overlapping what so ever.

An hour later she messaged to say that the left eye has started to over lap again but not from the root it’s higher up the Lash!

The only explanation I can think of is that the lady before me put the perming and setting lotion over the whole lash rather than near the root???

Any suggestions on why else this may of happened or how to rectify this problem for her. Please

Hi, I'm not an expert as I've only been doing lifts for a few months. If the previous technician put the solutions too far up and maybe left them on too long or didn't take it all off the lashes may have become over-processed giving a frazzled look (hope that makes sense!). When you did your lift, you would have corrected any overlapping but if the lashes were frazzled in the first place I wonder if that is causing them to frazzle/overlap again?
I'm not sure I would be comfortable correcting lashes done by another person. I think if cross over has happened as a result of the lashes not being straight onto the rod, then this is okay but if they are over-processed, what would be the correction? Would the client simply need to leave it so the lash cycle of grow & fall out before starting again? Sorry, I've not been much help have I!!! Someone more experienced will be able to advise you better, and I would be interested to understand what may have happened.

Maybe she had the eyelash lift too soon after the previous perm. And as they were over processed, needed more time for the lashes to recover. Maybe recommend to use the lash oil.

If leave them be let them grow out over processed and frazzled you don’t want to be putting more on ! Not a lot you can do I don’t think but a lash conditioner/serum and leave alone for a couple of months.

Latest posts

Back