Lash Lift training? Help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am desperate to do some lash lift training as a lot of the girls in my area are going for more of a natural look nowadays.
I looked into training with the brand LVL and was surprised at how expensive it is. I cant find any other mediumly big brands that offer lash lift training?

Also am I right in saying that when I see lash lifts done with another brand they don't look as good as the LVL ones?

I know normally its worth paying good money for decent training but I am worried about how well the treatment will do! I mean I know it looks amazing and im sure before and after pictures would sell but what if it didn't and Ive spent all that money?

Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated x

I've booked onto the lvl training in feb after being undecided for ages. What swayed me was a lot of courses were lash lift only so I would also have to do a tinting course too so by the time I'd brought a kit too it wouldn't work out that much cheaper. You've then got the brand name as well. I know flirties do a lash lift course too might be worth looking at them x

Thanks for your reply!
I'm already trained to do eye treatments, tinting, perming etc but lash lift looks amazing.
Does anyone know whether it would be worth waiting to book my training at excel? Will it be any cheaper? X

I'm already trained in tinting and perming. So instead of calling it an eyelash perm (not popular or asked for anymore) I'm calling the treatment my eye package ( use your own name) do before and after pics on friends family etc. Out the description being te tinting and the natural curing if te eyelash that lasts up to 6 weeks! And I'm sure you will get some interest tell the clients it's similar to the branded version but obviously your not charging the same. Then you will get a surge of interest. Then if you still feel the need to go for a brand then do it! I'm doing this to drum up interest first before diving into train to do something that I've been doing for years! Same with HD brows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm already trained in tinting and perming. So instead of calling it an eyelash perm (not popular or asked for anymore) I'm calling the treatment my eye package ( use your own name) do before and after pics on friends family etc. Out the description being te tinting and the natural curing if te eyelash that lasts up to 6 weeks! And I'm sure you will get some interest tell the clients it's similar to the branded version but obviously your not charging the same. Then you will get a surge of interest. Then if you still feel the need to go for a brand then do it! I'm doing this to drum up interest first before diving into train to do something that I've been doing for years! Same with HD brows.

twitter@iwantextensions

Lash lifting and perming are different - perming is with a rod and lifting is with a shield. If you're trained in perming then you'll be insured to do lifting as well, you can purchase the shields from a few different places :) x

LVL is well worth investing in. I trained end of August last year and I am inundated with new bookings for it. Plus repeat bookings for a massive percentage of those that have tried it and are now hooked.

Promoting it on social media channels really helps get the brand name out there as well rather than just offering a 'lash lift'. The term LVL catches people's attention.

So if we're already trained in eyelash tinting and peeking, do we need to do the whole lash lift training??

So if we're already trained in eyelash tinting and peeking, do we need to do the whole lash lift training??

As far as I'm aware, no you don't as it's just a different shape shield rather than a rod, but check with your insurance company x

Ah thank you - will do!! I meant perming not peeking!! Ha!x

Thanks geeks.
I trained in beauty NVQ level 2 so that's how I learnt perming. This was 7 years ago & I haven't done perming since then.
I brought a salon system lash lift kit last year & tried it on my friend. I didn't see any difference so I would like to retrain to feel more confident x

As far as I'm aware, no you don't as it's just a different shape shield rather than a rod, but check with your insurance company x

So if you are already trained in Perming you don't need further training - even with LVL? if so thats interesting :) I have want to train in LVL but the training and package is quite expensive so IF I don't need further training it makes it more reasonable for most of us that have studied NVQ2/3!

Yes sorry if I didn't make clear what I was trying to say. Obtained in perming with the rods but have recently ordered the shields from lash base. And offer the tint too to give the whole LVL result but without the brand name. Just give it your own name

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I'm aware LVL will only sell their products to you if you've done their training even if you hold a perming and tinting qualification. That's what I was told last year anyway. I trained in tinting and perming which enables me to use shields instead of rods so I can lash lift as opposed to curl/perm. Xxx

I've uses salon systems and have got a good lift. But I've also been recommended I-Appeal and Lash Base. Some of your lift will be dependent on the quality of the glue and people's own natural lashes. My lashes are very long but lift beautifully. My friends are long but very heavy and don't lift as good as mine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back