Lash lifting process

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
Hi all
I've done my lash lift course so I am qualified. I would however like to get some tips as I feel on my course I may have been given wrong information to things I have seen on here. For instance do you put the lotions right to the tips of lashes? Can I tint while the lashes are on the pad? My tutor said it's best not but I think i would find it easier! Why would she say not to?
Also when I've put my pink lotion on the lashes all lift off the pad it's so frustrating! Does this happen to anyone else? And why? I've put lots of glue on and the lashes are really stuck but when I put the pink on they are just coming unstuck. Thankyou x

Hi
If the lashes are lifting off the shields when putting on the perm solution (pink lotion) you have not secured them down enough with the glue, If any odd lashes do lift off, once I put the perm solution on I use the film to secure back down.
If your still having issues I would go back to your course trainer/provider at the end of the day you are using chemicals around someone's eyes.
Xxxxx

Did you not have any course material given to you ?

Hi all
I've done my lash lift course so I am qualified. I would however like to get some tips as I feel on my course I may have been given wrong information to things I have seen on here. For instance do you put the lotions right to the tips of lashes? Can I tint while the lashes are on the pad? My tutor said it's best not but I think i would find it easier! Why would she say not to?
Also when I've put my pink lotion on the lashes all lift off the pad it's so frustrating! Does this happen to anyone else? And why? I've put lots of glue on and the lashes are really stuck but when I put the pink on they are just coming unstuck. Thankyou x

- If you put the perm solution right to the tips of the lashes they're likely to frizz.
- Tinting the lashes before is pointless as the perming solution strips any tint off the lashes.
- messing with the lashes too much when you apply the glue can cause them to lift, get them stuck down and try not to mess too much x

Hi
If the lashes are lifting off the shields when putting on the perm solution (pink lotion) you have not secured them down enough with the glue, If any odd lashes do lift off, once I put the perm solution on I use the film to secure back down.
If your still having issues I would go back to your course trainer/provider at the end of the day you are using chemicals around someone's eyes.
Xxxxx

Thankyou. What do you mean the film? I did get a manual but it doesn't state about lashes coming off. X

- If you put the perm solution right to the tips of the lashes they're likely to frizz.
- Tinting the lashes before is pointless as the perming solution strips any tint off the lashes.
- messing with the lashes too much when you apply the glue can cause them to lift, get them stuck down and try not to mess too much x

Hi
I know I can't tint before but can I tint after but while the lashes are still up on the silicone pad? Thanks for the help.x

Hi
I know I can't tint before but can I tint after but while the lashes are still up on the silicone pad? Thanks for the help.x

Yeah that's the best way to do it, obviously it's hard to get right to the roots so if they're blonde lashes it may be best for them to come in 48 hrs later for you to tint them downwards. Don't tint them downwards straight after the lash lift as they are still setting and will not be as lifted x

Thankyou. What do you mean the film? I did get a manual but it doesn't state about lashes coming off. X

You can put cling film over the lashes while the perm solution is on but I find it can cause the perm solution to spread to the end of the lashes which may cause them to frizz x

I lift by ensuring that the base of the lashes are covered, I take a very small amount over the ends.

When tinting I tiny as usual with tint shields and Vaseline. I don't press down onto the shields I just brush the tint over the lashes in the position they are in.

I then apply the nourishing lotion, comb through upwards and leave it on. I also retail the sachets at £1.50 each.

Hi

I was taught to tint 24 hours after Perming so wouldn't recommend this

Thanks girls. So I think I'll not be putting the lotions to the ends of the lashes. So they don't lift off when I put the pink on I'll just have to try more glue-do I have to wait for it to dry before putting on the pink? Thanks again x

Thanks girls. So I think I'll not be putting the lotions to the ends of the lashes. So they don't lift off when I put the pink on I'll just have to try more glue-do I have to wait for it to dry before putting on the pink? Thanks again x

Yes, give it time to dry, I find using the lash cleanser helps as you take the natural oils out of the lashes, any oil will not help the lashes to stick x

Thanks BA
I've been using oil free make up remover but I will try that too. I want to do my next person now so I can try it again. It makes me so angry when they all come off the pad so I'll put more glue and give it time to dry.x

Thanks BA
I've been using oil free make up remover but I will try that too. I want to do my next person now so I can try it again. It makes me so angry when they all come off the pad so I'll put more glue and give it time to dry.x

Salon services sell pads that you can wipe over the lashes to remove excess oils too! Good luck with your next lash lift x

Try to think of the lift as a root perm or root lift...as a general rule the lotions will NEVER be applied beyond the middle length area. If you put the lotion to the ends the curl/lift will extend to the ends...that's not what you want!

Hi

If you tint the lashes while they are still attached to the pad would the top side of the lashes that are stuck to the pad still be tinted?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back