Lash line red swollen and itchy with Express Lashes-please advise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire bear

Reaction score
We have a lady who has had her lashes on for 3 weeks and one eye is very itchy red and swollen on the top lash line. She is coming in for removal today with our lash therapist but as I don't do lashes myself would like some advise as to what this could be? Is it that they have been on to long or is it anything to do with application which I need to address
Thank you xxx

This could be caused by the lashes being applied too close to the lash line and the adhesive touching the skin. The adhesive can cause irritation to the skin but also as the lashes grow it will pull away from the skin leaving soreness.
3 weeks for express is a long time most companies advise 2 weeks, I do let a few of my ladies go 3 weeks but only if they are regular to express lashes and they are fully advised to book in for removal asap if they feel an itching to the lash line as this maybe where the lashes are pulling slightly through natural lash growth (if that make sense) x
if they were sore within the first couple of days of having them done it could be an allergy to the adhesive but 3 weeks on more likely to be the above x
The adhesive remover will irritate and sting when lashes are being removed if the lashline is still sore so maybe slightly uncomfortable for the client x

It can also been dirt in your lashes. Use 1 part ban shampoo and 4 parts water. Foam it up and use foam to clean lashes. Then rinse in clear water and squeeze the water out do not rub them.

It can also been dirt in your lashes. Use 1 part ban shampoo and 4 parts water. Foam it up and use foam to clean lashes. Then rinse in clear water and squeeze the water out do not rub them.

So what does dirt in the lashes do to make this reaction? What is ban shampoo? X

Just read the link, wow never knew that in 5 years of lashing.......cant believe I have refused lashes to a couple of ladies over the years as thought they was allergic but after reading that am thinking it could of been Bletharitis. I use baby shampoo as part of my cleanse prep on clients and have recommended to clients to use baby shampoo to clean lashes but now I think I will insist lol,,,,,Thank you x

That's such good advice Thankyou for that ... I had no idea about this information xx

Just read the link, wow never knew that in 5 years of lashing.......cant believe I have refused lashes to a couple of ladies over the years as thought they was allergic but after reading that am thinking it could of been Bletharitis. I use baby shampoo as part of my cleanse prep on clients and have recommended to clients to use baby shampoo to clean lashes but now I think I will insist lol,,,,,Thank you x

Err on the side of caution with clients who may react to the glue as you don't want them to end up in A&E with a reaction. How do you patch test your clients at the moment?

Err on the side of caution with clients who may react to the glue as you don't want them to end up in A&E with a reaction. How do you patch test your clients at the moment?

I didn't think it was necessary to patch test clients before lash extensions ?

You should really as the glue could be causing the reaction. You cleanse the lashes as you would with prep and then place 3-4 lashes in each eye to patch test. Was this not covered in your training? Your insurance may insist on this also best to check!

Latest posts

Back