Lash Thickness

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily9

Reaction score
HI Everyone,

Just looking for some insight really, i trained with Nouveau last year and i use a mix of J curl, C curl & B curls in mixed lengths and thicknesses 0.15, 0.20 & 0.25 but i can't seem to get the thickness right on them they look beautiful and natural but for those clients wanting that extra oompph i need to find away of increasing the thickness. Is there away this can be done or is it a case of the amount of natural lashes you have determines the thickness?

Any help is greatley appriceated

Emily

I only use 0.15's and 0.2's for my lashes as I feel that even 0.25's can be a push for most people. I prefer to add more lashes to get a full effect.
If you use a stronger curl like a C or a D then you can see the lashes more when face on, but definitely for me I apply more lashes to get a fuller effect.
For someone looking for a really full effect I would put on 100+ lashes per eye, if you run out of lashes then you can gently tape back the lashes and you will expose more lashes underneath for you to lash as well. This must be done carefully though.
Hope this helps and I'm sure others will help out with suggestions as well xxx

Hi Jenx, I was just wondering do you lash on lash then? Because I have been wondering how people get them so thick as mine all just seem to come out with the natural look if that makes sense?

Hi
How many lashes (roughly) do you think you are putting on each eye? x

Hi Leemac,

I am not sure if that question was directed at me....but I shall answer anyway :p

I am putting about 35 on each eye, and when that is done they seem like there is no space left to do more..

x

HI Everyone,

Just looking for some insight really, i trained with Nouveau last year and i use a mix of J curl, C curl & B curls in mixed lengths and thicknesses 0.15, 0.20 & 0.25 but i can't seem to get the thickness right on them they look beautiful and natural but for those clients wanting that extra oompph i need to find away of increasing the thickness. Is there away this can be done or is it a case of the amount of natural lashes you have determines the thickness?

Any help is greatley appriceated

Emily

Hello Emily.

IMO, the density/thickness can be achieved in a couple of ways.

1. With thicker natural lashes--- You can apply lashes as thick as .25mm. Only the rare few can wear Extreme length and diameter and have no bearing on the natural lash. You may apply .25mm from 1/4 way out from the inner corner to the outer corner till you have the "shape" you want. Once you "see" the shape forming, you can then fill with .20mm (what I call "filler lashes") in the length a tad shorter than the .25mm (about 1mm-2mm). In this senario, you would apply .15mm in the inner 1/4 corner. The .25mm, (what I call the "anchor" lashes give your shape a definition and a guide to follow.)

2. With thinner, shorter natural lashes--- You can do all of the above but tweek the diameters to first 1/4 of the inner corner .10mm, anchor your shape with .20mm and fill with .15mm.

In all cases you can achieve thicker/denser looking lashes by applying thicker diameter lashes and/or applying as many "filler lashes" as possible. I also want to mention that the thinner diameter will give you more of the "fluffier/whispier" look than the thicker counter part.

In most clients, you should be able to find on an average of 70-90 suitable natural lashes to lash. Anything beyond that would give you a very nicely dense look. And yes, the more lashes your client has, it will help her and you to achieve a fuller look. If by chance you cannot find enough lashes, you may apply a few more of the shorter .25mm in liue of some of the "filler lashes" taking care not to over extend.

If you are having difficulty finding lashes to lash, you may either "flip" the already lashed lashes with your tweezer by placing it length wise under her lashes and simply lifting them upwards. The ones that have not yet been lashed will peep through. You may also tape the already lashed ones ever so lightly to hold them in place while you lash the rest.(As suggested by another fellow lasher here.) Make sure that the lashes to be taped are dried and when you're ready to take the tape off, be very careful not to pull any of them off alon with the tape.

*Caution: DO NOT OVER EXTEND
DO NOT OVER LOAD (over loading can irritate)
Hope this helps some.

Latest posts

Back