Lash training-is it still profitable?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oasis

Nail Mad
Reaction score
Hi Geeks.
I'm looking at doing training with Lash Perfect. I've always wanted to do it but not been able to until now due to lack of funds.
My concern is that I've got a client who has her lashes done through a Groupon deal for £20. I know its only one client but obviously that's a very good deal for the client (although a very bad deal for the therapist).
It's taken me a long time to build my business and don't want to waste any money on something that won't have a good return.
What do you guys do in these situations? I would love to hear your opinions and experiences.
Thank you. Xxx

Yes 100%. At my salon we do mostly every treatment going. But lashes we are the most busiest in and very profitable.
I teach lashes also, and all my students seem to be busy.
there will always be stupid offers around like groupon on any treatment. But you don't want these types of clients anyways.

Charge what your worth!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I started off offering tans, nails, lashes waxing and now all I do is lashes 5/6 days a week and it is my full-time work, so yes definitely profitable! Go for it:)

Lash treatments can of course be very profitable and the popularity is growing at about 20% year on year. I would, however, recommend that you do some local market research. See what's on offer in your area, particularly at the price that you want to pitch your treatment. Our clients in some areas are reporting saturation levels, this is driving prices and quality down.

The worst thing is when pro lashers using branded materials get into a price war with unqualified techs using products sourced on eBay that are of dubious quality. It's difficult to hold your nerve in these situations but our most successful clients have stuck to a fair pricing strategy. A good proportion of their income is from infills, topups or personal recommendation. Give yourself enough time to build up a loyal clientele and you will eventually succeed in even the most competitive markets.

I trained with Eyelash emporium and couldn't recommend them enough. They also went through pricing and marketing for your business. they seem to follow more good practises than some others.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's brilliant. Thank you so much.

the majority of my business is lashes despite me doing most other beauty treatments im fully booked up and 90% of what I do is lashes with the rest being brows or shellac, ive been doing lashes for 5 nearly 6 years and also work training others and all of my students are busy,
like what has already been said, don't look at what others are doing be the best you can and don't even bother entering into a price war, if you are good your clients will search for you, a lot of others in my area charge £30 per set of lashes, I charge £60 for classics and my volume lashes start at £87, im fully booked. people come to me for quality and not the price and some say they would pay more if they had to for good lashes.

Latest posts

Back