Lashes falling out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina

Reaction score
I'm still new to semi permanent lashes, I only charge a quarter of what everyone does as I say it's just for me to get practice as I don't feel confident or good enough to charge full price.

But the lashes I'm doing only seem to last a couple of days- I'm using lashes and glue from lash base. I'm re attempting lashes on one of my clients that she said after a couple of days they were all off and she promised she hasn't been fiddling with them.

I've attached a picture to see if you can see any flaws, as I don't know what I'm doing wrong , maybe I'm using too long a lash
Thanks ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375648382.910318.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375648400.607353.jpg

Hi hun. They don't look bad at all! Could you talk us through your steps? Do you use a priming solution? What do you use to cleanse the lashes? Have yiu made sure thar your client isn't getting the lashes wet? How is she cleansing them? x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Her natural lashes do look quite short hun, what size did you put on? Are you getting a good bond at the top of the lash extension? I made this mistake when I started. Also are you using enough glue? And my last suggestion would be if its a fast setting glue are you getting it on the lash quick enough so its not drying out before you stick it on x x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi hun. They don't look bad at all! Could you talk us through your steps? Do you use a priming solution? What do you use to cleanse the lashes? Have yiu made sure thar your client isn't getting the lashes wet? How is she cleansing them? x

I'm trying to think back if I did prime them, think I forgot that step to be honest. It had been a while since I done a set.
I stick the bottom lashes down , stick about 3 lashes per eye say in the middle then try and fill the gaps. Then I go eye to eye so they look even.
I advise them not to get them wet for 24 hrs and to use non oil based make up remover and tell them to use wipes around the eye trying to avoid lashes and not to rub them .

If you forgot to prime then that could definitely be a reason. Try again and make sure you prime them and see if that makes a difference. Oh and lashes should be no more than double the length (that's what I was taught anyhow..) x

Her natural lashes do look quite short hun, what size did you put on? Are you getting a good bond at the top of the lash extension? I made this mistake when I started. Also are you using enough glue? And my last suggestion would be if its a fast setting glue are you getting it on the lash quick enough so its not drying out before you stick it on x x

I think I used 9, 11, and 13s , probably more 11's though. I wonder if they are too long but I try to filter shorter ones in between to try get the fuller lash. I have read on here tonight about stacking but wonder if I shouldn't even go there yet.

I use the lash base glue, find it doesn't take too long, I do have a lash perfect glue which I was given as a sample, but never used it.

I do find that sometimes they stick at the base but flare at the top and if I remember rightly that's how you break the bond when water gets in between the natural and false lash. I suppose that will take practise to perfect- I just feel like if they are only going to last a couple of days people won't even want to bother.
Is it natural that overnight they find that some lashes have shed which is normal?

I remember reading a post on here about doing lashes at night can some times cause a few to shed as the glue hasnt had time to really bond and then they rub on pillow. Although I do all my lashes in the eve. I think the bond at the base is most important (correct me if im wrong). I did a girl once and used a 12 she lost all her lashes in a few days so I did a shorter length and they lasted. So it may just be they were a bit long x

If you forgot to prime then that could definitely be a reason. Try again and make sure you prime them and see if that makes a difference. Oh and lashes should be no more than double the length (that's what I was taught anyhow..) x

I'm going to make sure I prime and I have an eyelash cleanser so will use that as well, hopefully might get a few more days out of it , thanks x

I remember reading a post on here about doing lashes at night can some times cause a few to shed as the glue hasnt had time to really bond and then they rub on pillow. Although I do all my lashes in the eve. I think the bond at the base is most important (correct me if im wrong). I did a girl once and used a 12 she lost all her lashes in a few days so I did a shorter length and they lasted. So it may just be they were a bit long x

Thanks, I think I may avoid the 13's x

Beauty revolution do a cleanser and primer in one x

I would say if they are all falling out its a issue with the amount of glue, try not swiping the excess off too much but make sure all lashes are separated at the end if you use more glue and none are caught together as this will affect the way they all sit if that makes sense!?

Beauty revolution do a cleanser and primer in one x

Beauty revolution is very very good. Their glue is the best I've used. I adore them. X

What stands out immediately is the length, she has very short lashes and what you have on are far too long.
I think you will find they last better if you use a shorter length.
I would also say avoid the stacking technique, that is a technique for experienced lashers as if done incorrectly will cause a loss of natural lashes and cause them to be painful.

Don't worry, it will come with practice but I would definitely say make sure the lashes are thoroughly clean and dry first, that you have a good swipe of glue but try not to overload the lash and that you use a shorter lash.

I'm sure you will notice an improvement really quickly :)
Good luck xx

Thanks for all the tips, I'm having another go on Wednesday so hopefully will be better this time x

How long have you had your glue? You should replace glue due to manufacturers recommendation , some are 6 weeks, some are 3 months, just check.

If its been opened for a while it could have gone off.

How long have you had your glue? You should replace glue due to manufacturers recommendation , some are 6 weeks, some are 3 months, just check.

If its been opened for a while it could have gone off.

Yeah that could be a factor- I have an Aston&fincher and salon services local to me, will have to see what eyelash glue they stock to get some more in time x

Latest posts

Back