Lashes not sticking to shields!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shezybabes

Reaction score
Can anyone advise or help please? I trained in lash perms with the rods and have started using the shields, I have no issue getting the shields to stick or the lashes at first but when I clean the perming lotion off a lot of the lashes come away from the shield. Do I re glue them down or just put the setting lotion on and cover to keep lashes near to the shield?

I will eventually do the LVL course but need to work doing lash lifts to save the cash as I am a one man band with a small client base.

Anyone at all?

I trained a few months ago with Salon Systems and was told to use plenty of adhesive to ensure lashes were stuck to the shields, in particular the lash ends to stop them pinging off!
I find a few lashes still become unstuck but the lotion and insulating wrap keep them in place and results are not affected.

Claire

you can reapply the adhesive as its water soluble.

I agree, it does sound like you are maybe not using enough adhesive at the beginning? Also when you remove the lotions be careful how you take the excess off as that could have an impact :O)

Clean the lashes with protein remover pads (just like you would when doing SP lash extensions) or the salon systems lash perm cleanser, this removes any oils from the lashes.

Also put product on the root area only and remove with a cotton bud before applying fixing lotion.

Latest posts

Back