Lashes or gel nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyddy

Reaction score
I was going to do a lash extension course later this month but have just had the opportunity come up to do a gelicure course.

I want to do both but unfortunately can only afford to do one at the moment :/

Can't decide which course will be the most beneficial. I have a make-up studio and think both services will be popular with my customers.

I don't currently offer any nail services (I'm qualified in l&p but hate it lol)

Does anyone offer either? Which treatment do you prefer/find more popular?

Hi, I use gellux & do lashes!

You will find both popular so would defiantly do both at some point :)
I maybe find that gellux is an on going thing and lashes maybe more of a treat for some people as its expensive! I find that once people have lashes they get 'addicted' to hem so once you do them and they love them...that client is then yours lol!!

Hope that helps! Any other questions ask away or PM me!
Laura xx

Thanks Laura :) definitely will be doing both in future.

I thought gel polish might get more repeat custom.

How long did it take after your eyelash training before you felt confident to charge (I 'm guessing it'll be quite fiddly!)

I started lash extensions a year ago and it's only now I'm getting the hang of them they take ages to apply at first and it can get frustrating... I'd recommend starting with nails and try build up your funds it's a quicker way to make money and takes less time then you can get the lashes

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

If you are trained in L&P then you have a manicure certificate, and I am not trained in gel polishes, but i still can do it, just have to follow all the steps and instructions from manufacturer.

So I would do lashes course if I were you :)

P.S. I am working with Shellac and Harmony Gelish and I order from the official distributors.

Last edited:
If you are trained in L&P then you have a manicure certificate, and I am not trained in gel polishes, but i still can do it, just have to follow all the steps and instructions from manufacturer.

So I would do lashes course if I were you :)

P.S. I am working with Shellac and Harmony Gelish and I order from the official distributors.

My distributor said that, but I wasn't sure my insurance would cover me as I've never done gels before?

The gelicure kit also comes with a UV lamp and I think I possible need a special license from my council if I'm working with UV :O

Thanks I'm lucky my friend does PAT testing :)

I'll give my council and insurance a ring Monday (I'm hoping the UV thing only applies to sunbeds!)

I completed my training in lashes yesterday with Beautytrix, and I loved the course. I did find it fiddly to start with, as holding tweezers with my left hand felt weird (I'm right handed) but I love fiddly work and loves how the model felt afterwards as it made her look so different.
I have also trained in gel polish, and how quick I can now do a set of nails down to my LED lamp.

Which ever course you choose will they not roughly end up being the same with readers to training and buying products?

Good luck with which ever course you choose your love both. xx

Leely x

Cost of eyelash extensions is still higher than nails so logically it's more profitable.
On one condition at least... You're really good at what you're doing :)
If you really understand eyelash extensions art, have a good knowledge and willing to improve your skills, and first of all - if you enjoy doing it and put your heart to it - you can make good money and have lots of returning clients.
I've been doing lashes for few years.. First it was only my part time job but I've been so into it that now it's my biggest passion.
I work from home only and charge £50 for a full set (2h treatment) or £65 if with lower lashes. £35 for infils.
It's not cheap.. it's rather expensive comparing to the the lashers in my area. But I guarantee 100% satisfaction and the greatest service you can get.
Because I love what I'm doing and always do my best!

You can see my work on my Timeline on Facebook: Iwona Eyelashes

So.. think what you could do in the long run and if you're really good at it - you can earn lots :)
Good luck!

I trained with gelicure and nouveau lashes . I did the gelicure first, mainly because I hadn't thought about doing lashes at that point. It is a less profitable treatment but I find I get more customers from it than lashing. but I have only just started doing lashes so of course you have to build it up. Maybe have a look at what is offered in your area, see what is popular or what isn't offer in your area. Think about your current client base, how much they spend on average treatments etc. good luck :)

Thanks for all the advice :) I kinda bit the bullet last night - when I saw Palms Extra have a fab offer on I ordered my gelicure kit (quite excited!)

I still really want to do lashes - I almost always use clusters or strip lashes when I do make-up so would love to be able to offer semi-permanent lashes too.

Can anybody inbox me a rough cost per service of gelicure?

Why don't you go for Express Lash training?

I'm doing my Lash Perfect La La Express training next Monday so I'll let you know how it goes but the course and kit was very reasonable.

Why don't you go for Express Lash training?

I'm doing my Lash Perfect La La Express training next Monday so I'll let you know how it goes but the course and kit was very reasonable.

Hey Lisa,

I considered express lashes (thought the price point might be better for my customers) but couldn't find a course for non- semi permanent trained!

Do you mind me asking how much the la la express course is? x

Gutted I was hoping to have a 'your order has been dispatched' email this afternoon, but nope lol

I trained in express lashes, if anyone wants more info feel free to inbox me :)

Latest posts

Back