Lashes stuck together

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMOUSE

Reaction score
Ive being doing lashes for over a year now and I had a lady in 2 weeks ago for lashes and nails. She has had lashes 3 times before with me abd had no problems. When I done her lashes there were no problems what so ever no lashes stuck together no eyes watering so everything was ok. When she left me she went to see her son at sports day outside in the hot weather and she noticed her eyes began to stick together. Ive never had a problem before so I was wondering was it the heat from the sun. She prized her eyes open but the next day her eyes were red and swollen. She hasnt blamed me at all for my service but just wanted to know why this happened. Has anyone had problems in the hot weather.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Any advice please

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Definitely sounds like the hot weather to me, that's why in your after care you suggest that people avoid hot baths/showers for the next few hours following application. Don't worry it's nothing you have done wrong. I once had a client who had a bath immediately after having a full set and wondered why she had a shed of lashes during the night despite me giving aftercare advice verbally and providing her with an aftercare leaflet xx

It take 24 hrs for the glue to set properly. This is why we advise clients not to wash their face and rub their eyes in the first few hours of lash extensions. If the client left the salon then went outside in the heat shortly after, the glue did not have time to set. With the added humidity it must have resulted in glue drying, and if she was squinting in the glare of sun, it could have easily stuck together. If she had fumes in the eye from the glue, plus her pulling at her lashes to detach them, no wonder her eyes were red and swollen. I do not think it's your fault.

Latest posts

Back