Lasting Gelish manicure vs chipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kopiaryyy

Reaction score
I had a client come in 3 weeks ago for her first ever gel manicure. Her nails were short ,but healthy. I performed a mani and did the proper prep. I let her no the because her nails were short, they may dull quicker on the ends because I could not cap the free edge well. 2 weeks later she came back and to my surprise her nails wee flawless still. This time they had grown out and they were at the perfect length. Again I performed a mani and prepped. Everything was done exactly the same only this time on two of her nails the polish has nearly peeled off and one nails had broke not even a week later. I don't know what could hVe happened. My thought are that maybe we had accidentally touched those two nails after prepping. Or maybe her nails had been bending (because they had grown a significant amount since I has seen her 2 weeks prior) and the slight bending caused the polish to lift. I am a new nail tech so I haven't experienced much yet. Has anyone ever had an experience like this ?? Any thoughts ??

Latest posts

Back