Late cancellation rant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach88

Reaction score
Firstly I apologise now. I'm so annoyed. I'm self employed from home, I woke up to a booking for this evening when I wasn't planning on working but it's ok I'm used to it then I got more bookings. This client booked an eyebrow wax for 7pm the time she requested then at 6:10pm she text me asking to come at 7:30pm I said no coz of other clients. Then she text me at 7:05pm cancelling. I'm so annoyed as I put my heater on just for her. I know it's not a lot but it's still cost me to do this. This isn't the 1st time she's messed me around. What do I do?xx

If this happens regularly with this particular client, I'd find myself busy, really busy, the next time she wants to book in. Or ask for a deposit and explain politely it's because she has cancelled too many appointments.

She's text me at 9:30pm on a Friday night wanting an appointment then. I did say no. Think I'll only book her in if I have other waxing appointments on the same day.xx

People like this are incredibly annoying and it's very difficult when you need the business. Keep your chin up not everyone is the same x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Definitely ask for a deposit next time, most buisness would do this so it shouldn't be any different if self employed! X

id drop her or ask for full payment beforehand next time

Im so glad to see this post. I am so so angry I had a girl cancel 2 hours before her appointment on Wednesday. On my answer phone it says please give me 24 hours notice should you wish to cancel your appointment. She didn't!! She was also booked in on Saturday so we called to ask if she was still attending if not could she please leave us 24 hours notice should she wish to cancel. Then she left message saying 'I want to cancel sat I am pretty sure that's 24 hours notice' really snotty. Its not like I was being funny but the salon is so busy we needed to know in advance.
I have had enough of the way clients speak to us and treat us its so damn rude. Grrrr xxx

Sack her or as said above money up front

on the plus you could always go on facebook and have a good old rant about it haha....that's what I did this week when had a no show no call....

(on the whole it so rarely happens me now as we send reminder messages and customers here are really good and cause its waxing well they have to come back or run around like hairy marys haha)

I usually hold in and don't put stuff like that on fb but this week it happened with one new customer and I was that raging had a wee rant on fb and well it got a fantastic unexpected response lol!!!

customers were all loving it giving their supportive comments.. had lots of new page likes.. new bookings from customers hadn't seen in a while and phonecalls messages from girls checking when their appointments were and just wanting to make sure that it wasn't them who was the no show no call

... even one of my good friends called to check it wasn't her and I was laughing going no don't be silly I would have phoned you

ah flip every cloud has a silver lining... its perked the customers up a bit haha

I wouldn't recommend it on a regular basis lol I just couldn't hold it in and usually reserve myself

I keep a list of names in back of diary of no shows no calls or persistent last minute cancellers.. and we simply don't take them again...things are going well for us we have a nice steady stream of returning and new customers... I just can't be bothered with the energy it takes running after time wasters when 98% of customers are fabulous

Firstly I apologise now. I'm so annoyed. I'm self employed from home, I woke up to a booking for this evening when I wasn't planning on working but it's ok I'm used to it then I got more bookings. This client booked an eyebrow wax for 7pm the time she requested then at 6:10pm she text me asking to come at 7:30pm I said no coz of other clients. Then she text me at 7:05pm cancelling. I'm so annoyed as I put my heater on just for her. I know it's not a lot but it's still cost me to do this. This isn't the 1st time she's messed me around. What do I do?xx

God it's an eyebrow wax I wouldn't even consider putting my wax pot on if I hadn't other waxing clients booked in!! So annoying they think your waiting by the phone!! If all she has done with you Id an eyebrow wax I definitely wouldn't sweat losing this client!!!

I feel your pain on this one, I am self employed and I used to get this a lot! But I have found a solutions... I charge double the price for a brow reshape than I do for a maintenance appointment. So my new clients I offer the maintenance price as a good will gesture if they are happy to book back in 2 weeks later. Now I tell all my clients if there Brow appointment run over by more than 7 days they then have to pay the full reshape price. I rarely get any calculations any more because they don't want to pay the extra. :) give it a try x

We charge a booking fee. If you dont cancel within 24hrs their booking fee is forfeited. I wouldnt suggest ranting on facebook. Its very unprofessional and makes you look foolish and bitchy.

We charge a booking fee. If you dont cancel within 24hrs their booking fee is forfeited. I wouldnt suggest ranting on facebook. Its very unprofessional and makes you look foolish and bitchy.

Based on customer response I don't think I looked foolish or bitchy....those are interesting choice of words what would make you say that?

My wording yes was sharp but polite .... customers know I'm very level headed so for me to speak out on the rare occasion they know I had a point.

When I see other small businesses do it sparingly and tastefully it makes me respect them for speaking out and having a little character

Based on customer response I don't think I looked foolish or bitchy....those are interesting choice of words what would make you say that?

My wording yes was sharp but polite .... customers know I'm very level headed so for me to speak out on the rare occasion they know I had a point.

When I see other small businesses do it sparingly and tastefully it makes me respect them for speaking out and having a little character
I never said you looked foolish or bitchy. Can you show me where i said YOU look foolish or bitchy. Guilty conscious? ??

I think that sums up what you said to her. You said it without directly saying it. We don't need to fight and swear. That makes you look unprofessional also my love.

I think that sums up what you said to her. You said it without directly saying it. We don't need to fight and swear. That makes you look unprofessional also my love.
Cant see where anyone is swearing. Also unless i directly say something to someone, people shouldnt say i have. No need for people to get all paranoid geesh. You know what they say......

& that's a wrap!!

Cant see where anyone is swearing. Also unless i directly say something to someone, people shouldnt say i have. No need for people to get all paranoid geesh. You know what they say......

I never said you looked foolish or bitchy. Can you show me where i said YOU look foolish or bitchy. Guilty conscious? ??

lol right okayyyyyyyyyy back to the thread topic folks

I have a no nonsense approach now as I usually get girls begging for last min Friday appointments and then either cancelling or not showing up. My rule is after cancelling twice last min a deposit is needed and no shows? I don't ever book them in! It has actually stopped this happening since i put this in place.

Latest posts

Back