Late client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the same situation as we speak...I had a client due at 1pm ( now 2.09pm) she text me 45mins ago to say she was on her way and that she would be a few mins...she still hasn't turned up! Don't know what to say when she does either as have a school run to do at 3pm and then another client at 4! Why do they assume that cause you work from home they can turn up whenever?x

I'm in the same situation as we speak...I had a client due at 1pm ( now 2.09pm) she text me 45mins ago to say she was on her way and that she would be a few mins...she still hasn't turned up! Don't know what to say when she does either as have a school run to do at 3pm and then another client at 4! Why do they assume that cause you work from home they can turn up whenever?x

There could be a genuine reason why she did not show but if she does you just have to politely say that your are booked with other clients and cant do her service then offer another appointment time :)

I can't abide lateness. It stresses me out to no end waiting for people, either socially or in business who are late. It gets my blood pressure up and i feel panicky. I'm a clock watcher and do everything by the minute. That's why being mobile really suits me as my clients are never late and I always arrive on time. I need to learn to relax about it a bit more but don't know how! :cry:

Client finally turned up with a rather lame excuse for being late had time to do an eyebrow wax but told her in a polite way she would need to re book for her shellac. It didn't go down to well as she wanted it all done before her night out Friday, which has left me feeling bad :(

Client finally turned up with a rather lame excuse for being late had time to do an eyebrow wax but told her in a polite way she would need to re book for her shellac. It didn't go down to well as she wanted it all done before her night out Friday, which has left me feeling bad :(

DONT feel bad . She turned up and hour and a half late for goodness sake !

Why should you feel bad . If this had been a dentist appointment she would have been charged as a no show and not fitted in either

If she knew she wanted it doing for a night out then it was HER responsibility to arrive at her appointment on time !

Time is money as they say and clearly this customer has no respect at all for your time

x

I just had a client an hour and 15 minutes late for her appointment today. I have salon system ovatu which sends automated email and text reminder the day before the appointment to the client. They then have the option to let me know they can't make it etc. she didnt reply to the reminders nor contacted me today to say.
I had a client on the couch and she came into my garden office shouting for me!! Rude!! And got my back up I must say, she sat and said the traffic had been bad thats why she was 1 hour 15 mins late!
My client on the couch lives only two miles nearer than her and had no problem. She sat there and I said I was busy with my client and could not do her treatment and as I was gloved up for this treatment I was not leaving my client.
She wasn't happy about it and I'm still sooo angry with her but I'm glad I stuck to my guns and sent her away. It's absolutely not acceptable to be this late.

I have a client and she always turns up and say "I bet you for I wasn't coming" it does my head in and then she starts talking to me :-/ I get frustrated because then I'm late for my next client xx

I'm trying to not feel so personal about it even though often the late arrivals ask when they get here oh can I also have such and such as well today? I always say no I'm trying to think of these clients as wild animals that just need training, ill be firm, fair and consistent with my management of late arrivals then there's never any confusion mixed messages or unrealistic client expectations, hopefully ill get there, maybe, someday or die trying lolol!

Think I need to toughen up, set some rules and stick to them!

Put a late arrivals/cancellation policy in force! People will soon start taking notice, it won't affect your loyal clients as they will be the ones that always show on time, only the ones that never turn up promptly & worst case scenario they will find another therapist who puts up with their sh*t but then that's hardly your loss ;)

45 minutes is more than a bit late. You are working, your time is important and she wasted it. Better off without her!

Luckily I haven't had this issue yet as recently I've been going to clients houses in which I always turn up 15 minutes early. But if this ever did happen to me I think it would depend on what I had going on that day , like you say you were back to back with appointments I think you had every right
To turn her away. You can't be late to appointments it's not acceptable for any type. I think you did the right thing.

Latest posts

Back