Late clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tammye1234

Reaction score
I'm fully booked today (working from home) 1 clients already late,totally messed me up now,how does every1 deal with late clients ? I think they think because I work from home I have nothing better to do then wait for them to turn up ! How can I politely say please be on time ?

I'm the same especially last week with proms so lots of teenagers to contend with. I send a txt the day before to confirm and an hour before to remind. If I client gets to 15 mins late I call and Advise them if they're not going to make it in x amount of time I will be unable to complete treatment within their appointment slot and they will incur full cost

This really frustrates me too! I also work from home & I think clients take the micky sometimes. If I'm booked back to back I allow the client 15 mins & any longer they would have to re book!
In another respect it also does my head in a bit when clients are really early!
On a Saturday I usually start at 8am, last week I had a client turn up at 7:20 :-/ I really wasn't ready for her & she sat there looking really annoyed as I put my little boys shoes on to go off to his grandmas!

I start work at 9am and I text all my clients for the day at 8am to remind them of their appointment. If they are more than 15 mins late I don't do the treatment. This doesn't happen often so I don't have a policy for charging. I don't have a cancellation policy either as I don't have much of a problem with this either. I have a cancellation list so I can normally fill the slot but if not the time to catch up on other things is welcomed. If someone turned up more than 15 mins early I would ask them to come back at their appointment time. They will soon catch on to how you work.

Im salon based and always have the same re offenders!
I normally book them in 15 mins later than i tell them,which i know you shouldnt have to do,but i run at full capacity every day all day that im here and so if i turn someone away because theyre 15 mins late im losing the money and possibly a client!
The ones that quite often miss altogether and then say either they forgot or they thought it was not that day get told that if they miss again i will charge for the full appointment slot and in future they will have to ring on the day and hope i have a space,which they know isnt probable,so they tend to behave then!

I hate lateness for appointments.I always turn up 10 minutes earlier than time allocation as id rather that than make someone run late x

This really frustrates me too! I also work from home & I think clients take the micky sometimes. If I'm booked back to back I allow the client 15 mins & any longer they would have to re book!
In another respect it also does my head in a bit when clients are really early!
On a Saturday I usually start at 8am, last week I had a client turn up at 7:20 :-/ I really wasn't ready for her & she sat there looking really annoyed as I put my little boys shoes on to go off to his grandmas!

Aww no way,i can't believe she just sat there,how rude x

I can't believe she just sat there either! Sounds like a client you could maybe do without!

Am i just confused here?

Clients being late is really annoying and stressful if it makes you run late for the next,but being early??
What was the client supposed to do?Its a business at the end of the day.Your providing a service for someone who has the decency to turn up a little early so you dont run behind!!!

When she turned up what did you do?
Did you invite her in there and then?If so im completely confused that its an issue if shes been invited in.
I get that she turned up way too early and i have 3 children and work full time myself so i know it could cause a problem,but maybe dont answer the door untill just before the appointment time.
Was it a new client?

Early is as bad as late in my eyes.

I allow 15 mins between appointments to allow for all sorts of things but it just doesn't seem enough.

I've never had a client annoyed because I wasn't ready for them when they turn up early though.

X

Early is as bad as late in my eyes.

I allow 15 mins between appointments to allow for all sorts of things but it just doesn't seem enough.

I've never had a client annoyed because I wasn't ready for them when they turn up early though.

X

Agreed, early is just as irritating, especially if you've got only got a 15 minute break all day and they turn up just as you're about to cram some food and a cuppa down your neck lol! It's completely unreasonable to turn up 40 minutes before your appointment time though, especially at that time of the morning!

What was she thinking at 7.20?? Did she even explain why she was so early?! I'm appalled, and confused!

early..you got things to do.......late you got things to do...simple as that BE ON TIME.LOL

O my!

I get it i get it!!
Please forgive me!Im on some new meds at the moment and they are making me a bit scatty and dumb!!
I totally get how annoying for her to turn up at 7.20am!!!!!!!1

She must have been very keen!
Maybe you should put a notice on the front door stating not available to answer untill 7.50am.
At least you have let the client know that you will not be opening the door before then.

I actually think i really am losing it!!:o

if my clients are more than ten minutes late the dont get done

Same here! Early is just as annoying! I have seen some clients sitting in the car until their time and I just leave them there so they know the score!

Am i just confused here?

Clients being late is really annoying and stressful if it makes you run late for the next,but being early??
What was the client supposed to do?Its a business at the end of the day.Your providing a service for someone who has the decency to turn up a little early so you dont run behind!!!

When she turned up what did you do?
Did you invite her in there and then?If so im completely confused that its an issue if shes been invited in.
I get that she turned up way too early and i have 3 children and work full time myself so i know it could cause a problem,but maybe dont answer the door untill just before the appointment time.
Was it a new client?

To be fair she was 40 minutes early! :-/
I answered the door & I said oh gosh your early, I'm not quite ready, I made her aware & she said she would sit & wait. Which is fine but then sat there huffing & puffing???!!!
No she wasn't a new client
I am providing a service & running a business but it's still my home at the end of the day!

What was she thinking at 7.20?? Did she even explain why she was so early?! I'm appalled, and confused!

She had turned up early so she could "get on with the rest of the day" those were her words :-/

Maybe next time she tries to book you could be fully booked?

I re posted last night as i read quickly the original post and then re read so re posted!!!(am on new meds and theyre making me fuzzy!!)

If a client turned up that early and huffed and puffed i would not get to them to start untill bang on 8am!
Rude women.
I work in a salon so its not the same as my home,however if for any reason someone turns up at 8.20 for a 9am slot (i have a few colour ladies that do this to me every time!),then i show them the seating area offer a drink and leave them there whilst getting salon ready for the day and at 9am i gown them up to start.

Its a funny old business we work in!

I leave a gap between clients because I work from home and don't want to be leaving a client during a treatment to open the door for the next. However, if they're more than 15 minutes late I apologetically tell them they can't have their treatment. Without fail they've never been late again.

I agree that sometimes people think that because you work from home you've nothing better to do. Once they realise you're running it as a proper business they tend to be fine. Hope you get them well trained soon!

She had turned up early so she could "get on with the rest of the day" those were her words :-/

Oh my word. No, no, no!

I'd have been so annoyed by that. I don't know what else you could have done though? Just leave her on the doorstep?! Or say sorry I can't start your appt till eight maybe..seems rude but then so was she in my opinion.

I guess the only solution would have been to emphatically say at the end - I can't have clients in my home before their treatment appointment (?!)

God I can't believe that hon xx

Latest posts

Back