Late clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a client has the courtesy to ring me to say they are running late, and I can accomodate them, then I do. But if they just turn up late, then I will say something like, " It's a shame that you are late, so now I will be unable to do the full treatment this time and will have to do what I can for you in the time we have left". (I still charge the full price). If they are late more than once, I say I can't do them if they are late anymore as I am just too busy. That usually works:)

This is soooo rude especially at that time of the morning - how does she know that you wern't in the shower or sat on the loo or having your breakfast??? I think it is because we work from home, and one of the only downsides of working from home, I have the same problem, a lot are half hour late or really early and it really mucks my other ladies who are fab up, one lady who got cross with me when i told her i was going on holiday ( yes really!!) turns up 45 mins early and ive been - Aahhhem -powdering my nose, and i havent been able to get to the door and ive been sat there panicking and trying to 'hurry' and shes been ringing my mobile and the home phone and very rudely demanding to know why i havent opened my door, and Ive had to politely say i was in the middle of something and that if she turns up that early could she kindly sit in the car and wait and if i am ready early i will pop out and get her in, she has now taken the hint and waits in the car. I think if this lady turns up that early again i wouldnt answer the door, put your head out of the bedroom window and tell her your in the shower - if it was a salon it would be shut, what would she do then? But being late is equally as bad and we do all get held up sometimes, but unfortunately it is a hazard of the business were in, especially working from home - ive come to the conclusion that some people may need a polite text and to be mindful that being too early or late can make it difficult for the next clients. We do have to be grateful for our clients warts and all!!!

Im very angry today actually :( had client booked in today for 5.30 today - my only booking for today as had loads of things to do at the other end of the city. Was stressing out all morning to ensure to get there on time, and considering she was given an exception as salon closes at six and she had lash extensions booked in - i knew that it will be yet another day of finishing late :'( and i havent had a day off in months!
So, to cut a long story short - 5.10 she calls to say that she is running late and will be over at 5.45 instead - ok, no problem, i will wait.6 o clock comes, 6.15 ... no sign of her. I gave her a call - no answer. Tried to call two more times - she was actually rejecting calls! Wth? I got so annoyed, i nearly burst crying - i travelled over an hour to get to a salon to be laughed at!
Im starting to think that its competition trying to mess me around as i am steadily getting busier by the week :( im worried about tomorrow now as well as the two early morning appointments (mobile) may as well be cancelled and i really need that money! And sleep :(

Jurate xx

I have a client who shows up at 8.30am when her appointment is at 9am, I have only just walked through the door myself to switch the wax on at that time so she has to wait! Even though she says it is okay she is still watching me and pressuring me. She even accused me of eating my breakfast when she was waiting when I was actually sorting out the pedicure bowls!! I am considering not unlocking the door until 8.55am and making her wait outside, (even though I could never actually do this I'm too soft!) being early is the same as being late!

This really frustrates me too! I also work from home & I think clients take the micky sometimes. If I'm booked back to back I allow the client 15 mins & any longer they would have to re book!
In another respect it also does my head in a bit when clients are really early!
On a Saturday I usually start at 8am, last week I had a client turn up at 7:20 :-/ I really wasn't ready for her & she sat there looking really annoyed as I put my little boys shoes on to go off to his grandmas!

Oh my gosh, are you serious? 7:20 A.M. Tell her to get a life. Mean, selfish and thoughtless!!! For some strange reason it annoys me more when clients are early than when they are late. It makes me think they don't have enough in their lives to do, so they just come into the salon and hang around. I have people arriving 45-60 mins before their appointment! Go and have a cuppa somewhere for goodness sake!

Late.... Sometimes it can't be helped BUT persistent lateness is rude. If your client AFTER the perpetrator arrives then crack on! I kind of catch up when people are late BUT I really don't like it when clients are early... just sitting there.:grr:

Latest posts

Back