Latest rumour about threading...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

***juice***

Reaction score
...is that it causes herpes - from the string being held in the mouth, and the saliva from the string getting into the pores where the brows are.

Now, I'm not a threader but I do get my brows threaded. Am I right in thinking that only the ends are held in the teeth, and if the thread snaps, a totally new piece of thread it rolled off from the spool; therefore meaning that actually the part of thread that may touch the mouth doesn't touch the skin?

I heard all the stuff about waxing and herpes that was going around years ago, but this is news to me.:eek:

What?! I'd love to know how they worked that one out.

Mat

The only logic i can make of it would be that it potentially could spread the herpes simplex virus (coldsores) by having your upper lip threaded. If all proper health and safety procedures are followed i can't see how it would pose a problem.

Only the end of the thread is held in the mouth, it goes no way near the skin!!! the iranian method could be used as an alternative then no thread even goes in the mouth, just to give people peace of mind:)

I'm with mrs Jones on this one and I can't believe that any "threader" would use the same piece of string on another client. You cant double dip a bit of cotton!, I use antibacterial thread but to be honest it is just scaremongering c***

Tosh and piffle.
Like so many of these stories. Of course you're always going to get unscrupulous practitioners, but really!

i tie it round my neck... it works the same way..
thats how i was taught .. then no way is anything in my mouth xx

Latest posts

Back