Leafleting on cars?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieBeauty

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know if it's legal to leaflet on cars? And how do supermarkets view this? Are they happy to have you go in their supermarket car parks to put leaflets under wipers...is it even legal to touch another person's property ie their car?

Hi

Im pretty sure its not legal I cant remember why but Im pretty sure its not

I think the difference is when you do a flyer drop through peoples letter box that is the intended purpose of the letter box but leafleting on cars is not if that makes sense?

xx

I may be wrong in this, but I have a feeling you need permission from the supermarket as the car park is their property.

I must add though, that the vehicle owner can claim off you for any damage to their wipers, windscreen etc, even if it wasn't you who caused the damage.

I know of some council car parks where people have targeted vehicles in this way that have contacted the flyer person and told them to remove them all or they will be prosecuted.

I personally wouldn't do this, if you want to reach the millions a better way is to hand leaflets out to people you like the look of.......they also can see who they are dealing with.

Its a bit of a grey area. The act itself isn't illegal on public land (under most circumstances), but it is illegal on private land (like Tesco's carpark)- but I wouldn't do it myself.

How to Legally Put Flyers on Cars | eHow.co.uk

And then this story about a shop owner being fined for doing it.

Warning to windscreen flyer drops!

You're much better served leaving leaflets or business cards with local busineses rather than annoying people, or getting fined for littering.

I got told off by my local council for littering! I put leaflets on cars and they must have thrown them on the floor. Haven't done it again since, and I won ever do it again!

Its a bit of a grey area. The act itself isn't illegal on public land (under most circumstances), but it is illegal on private land (like Tesco's carpark)- but I wouldn't do it myself.

How to Legally Put Flyers on Cars | eHow.co.uk

And then this story about a shop owner being fined for doing it.

Warning to windscreen flyer drops!

You're much better served leaving leaflets or business cards with local busineses rather than annoying people, or getting fined for littering.

Very interesting, thank you for that.

I was thinking about doing it for a local pamper evening but had a gut feeling it would not be allowed.

Thanks all, makes perfect sense Xx

Do you have any kind of free local magazine that you could ask to include the leaflets for you?

You know, the ones that get shoved through your letter box whether you want them or not?! Someone else will be doing the leg work with delivery and it can't be as expensive as taking out an advert in said magazine.

A mate of mine used to bribe the corner paper-shop with a few quid and they'd pop his leaflet in the local free paper. Worked for him, and the paperboy got a bit more pocket-money :)

Lovin' your ideas people! Xx

I have put flyers on cars in the local multi storey including the 2 levels resrved for council employees.

I didnt get complaints or any problems with littering, if i pass a parked car i put a business card on it cheeky yes.
:p

Latest posts

Back